Fuses Blowing

Guest mc_clean_david

Guest mc_clean_david

i have a 2b plus with a VG loom! One fuse keeps blowing (20A), which has 3 green wires to one side and a thick white to the other. has anyone details of which fuse does what on the VG loom? :lol:

Guest Petemate

Hi David

My loom is Autosparks, but like the VG loom, uses standard British Leyland colours. The white wire going into the fusebox is for ignition controlled items, e.g. brake lights, indicators (NOT hazards), heater, wipers etc. The greens go out to items like heater, wipers, stop switch etc. So you are looking for one of these - disconnect them all one at a time, re-fusing as nec. For these occasions I find it cheaper to use fuse wire stuffed in the fuse connections - much cheaper!!

HTH

Petemate

Guest mc_clean_david

found what the problem was, the 2 new wires that are added to use the relays for the headlights where on the wrong pins! The numbers on the terminals of the relays and the diagram i got of this website somewhere are different.

They where beside each other instead of being opposite!

Swapped them around and it is working fine!!

"The numbers on the terminals of the relays and the diagram i got of this website somewhere are different."

:huh: ^_^

I see quality control hasnt improved yet, have they altered the ignition wires on the diagram yet?, the original was all wrong too, :huh:

Had to laugh this morning, someone on the Locost builders pages selling the VGreen loom wanted £100, till it was pionted out, lolocost sell them for £85,

He needs to find someone who his green by nature on ebay to pay that much for one. :lol: :D :D

Sorry but that loom cost me a fortune to get right and 6 weeks of headaches, (thats what happens when you get the new launched products from RH,and belive the sales patter), :gdit: :blink: :boohoo:

wiser now, always look for the problems first, :wub: :blink:

Mitch