Are Rh Going To Keep Selling The 2b?

Guest andrews_45

Guest andrews_45

Hi all,

I am a complete newbie to the world of kit cars and me and my brother, having extensively researched our options have decided to take the plunge and go for a basic 2b.

However, RH seem to only be selling the 2Bplus via their web site, does anyone know if the 2b ceases to be sold? If this is the case we will go for the Lightweight me thinks <_<

If anyone has started or done a lightweight I would be very interested to hear what they think to the kit.

Regards

Carl + Daz

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 2005 brochure and it's in there with a very large description and lots of photos. I'd say the answer to your question is "Yes".

The new owners would be mad to discontinue it, at least until the Lightweight takes off. The 2B is a bestseller!

Incidentally there are pictures of the Rager in there too, but no price or delivery dates. I think they will put his into production after some more R&D.

One of our community users has just ordered a Lightweight. There is a big thread about it here. Might be worth a read.

Cheers

Jon Bradbury

Guest chris brown

Carl & Daz

First welcome to the world of kit cars and in particular Robin Hood.

As for the 2B continuing its any ones guess as none of us as yet have got to know the new owner but I would not let that worry you too much as no 2 end up the same and there has never been any backup from RHE. This site and RHOCaR are all the backup you will ever need.

As for choosing a car the first question is what do you want it for? Road or track? If road then the 2B is proven and is as strong as the preverbal brick built sh1t house. But is heavy. Not that it stops us having fun on the track (do a search on Barkstone) The Lightweight is primarily a track car that can be used on the road and as such IMHO will not be as comfortable long distance machine and does not afford the protection of the 2B

Also fill in your profile so we know where you are you never know there may be someone just up the road with a car that you can look at and chat with the owner also try to get to one or the area monthly meets that way you will meet lots of owners both on the road and builders.

Guest salty_monk

You may want to try looking around for a part built kit. There's usually some 2bs around. You'll probably find it's cheaper than starting from scratch & the doner will already have been stripped. Anyway... just an idea.. :)

If you live in Belper, you have a choice of several monthly meets close to you where us owners and various cars turn up. If you look in events or calendar, you will see the details.

By the way, the Leicestershire group meet on the last Wednesday of the month at the Waterside in Mountsorrel - about 40 minutes drive from Belper.

Andy

Guest andrews_45

I am going to go down to the factory in two weeks, cause I want to see the lightweight. But the guy my brother spoke to on the phone said that they will only be selling the 2b plus from now on...

A - ha!

You've edited your post, but I read the original one already.

I take your point about RHSC and customer relations but if you can only afford the 2B basic kit you're unlikely to find anything else on the market in your price range that is a complete kit.

You can build a 2B without RHSC support, because the club members collectively have more solutions to the common RH build problems than RH do themselves. Most of it is common sense anyway.

You might consider a part built or unstarted kit - they do pop up from time to time - but take an experienced builder (ie, club member) with you when you view it to make sure all the parts are present. You'll save yourself a packet that way!

Don't be put off by one bloke's attitude at Robin Hood. They are still the cheapest around and the club is the biggest and best. The kits might have warts but we know what they are and how to cure them!

Cheers

JonB

Guest Bob's Babe

The Notts part of the club meet in Hucknall on the first Sunday in the month. B)

If you want more details pm me and we can get you there. lots of the boys will have ideas and help if you can get there :D

SUE :wub:

Guest andrews_45

Money cant buy customer service. I was very dissappointed at the guys attitude at RH. At the end of the day, if he cant be bothered to sell me the car what will he be like when something goes wrong and I need help...