Barkstone "the Day"

Guest chris brown

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest docter fox

Rizla, you were beaten round barkston in your bike engined "track car" by a pinto powered hood with a 17 year old in :lol: think of that the next time your stealing the keys off a young music enthusiast :p

Sue, I made the first semi (there was 6 in each) and went from 6th to 4th but there was no way I was ever going to catch the first 3 (different league altogether :wub: )

Thanks to John and Tim, and anyone else who helped to organise a great weekend :)

there was a small problem of the rubber doughnut on the end of the prop shaft giving up on the way back though ;)

Guest steve_m77

Many thanks to John and Tim, excellent weekend and fantastic track time on Saturday, really was good value as well as incredible fun.

I had no idea my car would go that fast but if Dave's will do a 50.8s (Sunday) then mine should do 51 and a little bit. Just need to get a driver who can do it because I'm not sure I could :huh:

Rizzla, not sure what happened with you and your car ? What make/type of tyres and what pressures ? How was the car handing ?

I did learn from the weekend that a 2 man tent isn't big enough for the one of me ! I need a longer and wider tent and with some kind of air suspension rather than a sheet of foam. Not good. The rats on the campsite didn't encourage me either.

Nice to see everybody, I'll certainly be back next year !

Guest Busa Rush

:D that was a better run event than most of the club rallying i used to do back in the 90's.. :o

very relaxed atmosphere.. great banter lots of friendly laffs...fantastic track..those dam cones!! they got closer on sunday..cost me penalties on both me timed runs!

never mind well done steve :)

be back next yr ... well done john and norm and all the RHOCAR crew :D :)

dave..

:rolleyes: car had loads of power(95mph down the straight)just the tyres were real pants,but thats the idea to find out whats right and wrong on a track day

ist run was with 33 and 29 psi in the tyres :lol: oops(note to self check pressures)

2nd run was nearly 2 seconds faster at 17psi all round,but tyres were just lighting up at every bend and everytime i accelerated

still this is a fault easly corrected with new tyres

id like to thank(cant remember who it was) for the offer of swapping tyres for the timed runs but that would not have been fair on others etc

Quote "car had loads of power(95mph down the straight)"

Blimey - I was only just hitting 70mph down the back straight and my best time was 52.86 - you must have been really struggling round the corners. From my video footage I can see speedo reading just over 60mph as I was going round the fast right hander.

Richard

Guest Busa Rush

Hi rizzla.. it was me who offered you me spare wheels to try...

it would have transformed you car ... ;) i don't know what size yours are? are they 17's low profile?..

you have a very light car so ordinary car tyres will be no good and too lower profile like a 40 even worse... ok on a hood much more weight to get some heat into them...

what diff ratio you using? have you got a lsd? you really need to be using any 1B type tyre that is to say yoko AO 48 AO 32's like megablade had on and i think also steve with the black one? or what me and steve were using R888's and run around 14- 15 psi in them...

i am also supprised how you stayed on the black bits too!!

also i was behind you a couple of times when you went off the line your inside rear was lighting up lots of blue smoke

hope this helps don't worry about what happened get it sorted they won't get a sniff at you next yr! :D :lol:

dave..

Guest Guy Wilson

Great weekend had by all.

As for the karting. It must be down to driving a Tiger :p

Thanks to Tim and John for organising it and all the other Rhocar gang for a fun weekend.

Bring on next year!!!!

As for the karting. It must be down to driving a Tiger

nope just that your a slim chap and im 17 stone,i think drew is only 11 stone :wacko:

karting is very weight orientated,so for a fat git like me to get third is cool :lol:

Guest salty_monk

I still think Rizla could have got a more respectable time on those tyres by lowering the presssures further, 15 is where I would have put them.

It's not all down to tyres as I believe I posted a better time (in 2b last year than Rizo this year & I was using "Kumho Powermax" cheapo korean rubber which certainly should have provided less grip than the Yoko's he was on.

When I took my 2b to Barkston last year 3PSI made the difference of at least 5 seconds a lap & I know Toyo's or something would have improved it even more (upon where I would have been well outside the limits of the "Rizla" suspension :D (aka "sliding pillock"... wait for the photo's) as I was already scraping lumps from the inside of the wheel...

Dave Tilson's car had loads of grip & felt incrediblly well setup when I went in that as passenger, all experience I would guess.

As Rizo says, track days are for learning, next time he'll use different tyres or at least different pressures & I'm sure lots of other people will change things.

For my 2nd track day with the 2b I added extra damping on the rear suspension (non adjustable) which was a big mistake as it runied the balance of it & I spun twice that day (once at about 80 :o )... you try it & see what works I guess... :)