Mat-Moo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bugsy

Hi Nomis,

Are you Married/Still Married.

Its good to know i am not the only one, there must be more, come on dont be shy!

I collect my kit in October :D i am getting married on August 1st and my Brother getting married in September.

How did you find the peeps at RH,

I phoned and asked for a build Video in advance of collection, they said that wouldnt be a problem except that there isnt one yet!!! ;)

Should i be worried! :(

It woud be good to keep in touch,

Ps What made you go for the RH Super Spec?

Cheers

Bugsy :D

Guest daveg

Bugsy

they said that wouldnt be a problem except that there isnt one yet!!!

hmmm....thats RHSC Ltd for you :) :rolleyes:

Don't get worried unless....you expect a kit that you just bolt together...'cos I can absolutely guarentee that you will have problems :unsure:

But thats why you didn't get a Westfield wasn't it :D

Each RH is unique because everyone solves each problem in a different way.

Dave

Hi Bugsy

I see you are a Northener, :D That means you will get visit's from Uncle Jim and the rest of the NW clan.

I hope you have a big kettle and plenty of cups for when we come and visit, and tell you which way it should have been done :p

You're welcome to attend any shows were going to (check NWsite for details).

We are happy for you to join in the merriments of the club, before during and certainly after building the Hood.

If you become a member Tim (chairman) will send you a list of members in the area, and there are a few up here.

If you want to have a look at a 2b give me a call and i will nip round with it, or you can call.

Good luck with the build.

Mitch

Blackburn

Guest DaveB

Although RHE (RHSC) do not usually send out advance copies of the videos you may find it useful to buy the latest Bob the Builder video you will note areas that are similar.

Dave B :D

Guest bugsy

Hi All,

Yes i am a Northener, (can you tell by the accent) ;)

I would love to see a REAL car i am getting sad at looking at photos on the websites, if anyone is around preston on a jolly drop me a line, it would really make my day, The kettle is always on!!! :p

I have applied to join the Club and looking forward to meeting you all, i was at the Newark show and i managed to have a good nosy round the cars which were there, it was a great day. Can you tell me how to find the NW site?

Cheers

Bugsy

Guest nomis

Bugsy, Went for SuperSpec cos didn't fancy breaking a Sierra in front drive (time and effort), 'Her in doors' wasn't too impressed with concept either.

Am still married, but haven't admitted how much it cost yet. My 7 and 5 year old boys are really up for it. Anybody converted one into a 3 seater?

Look forward to sharing tales of woe and then next summer......................Catch me if you can!!!!!!!!!

Nomis

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bugsy

Hi Nomis,

Just wondering if you have had any luck with getting a sneak preview of the Soup Spec video, they should have started dishing the kits out by now??

Guest Chris.A.

:huh: Dear, "Bugsy" .....(is that northern ryhming slang for summot?)

I have been watching this string for some time and am getting a bit confused.

So , you are getting married,right? and need a video..............(?)

What, already?

:blink: don`t worry, my child, it will all come naturally.

just get dirty ,struggle,and(if you`re like me ,) hurt yourself abit, don`t be apprehensive (translation= fritt),fulfilment will come in floods and spirts.

You have taken the first and hardest step, Bugsy, you CAN do it! ( I did once....and I am a pratt) you`ll walk it!!!!!!!!!

good luck,and remember, just ask Big Jim if you need advice,(about Kit Cars,that is.....for Gawds sake don`t ask him about marriage!)

incidentally, MATT, wish to F<<<<<TEXT REMOVED/EDITED BY "Chris.A".>>>>> I had learnt how to edit stuff afew F<<<<TEXT REMOVED/EDITED BY"Chris.A">>>weeks ago! What a C<<<<TEXT REMOVED/EDITED BY"Chris.A">>> I am?

go for it BUGSY ! Don`t doubt yourself,mate! her indoors would only waste the money on curtains,food or summot daft! :D

Guest Mr Pid

I would recommend taking note of what everyone is saying. the build wont be anything like the videos, and if youre desperate to see anything like it you could pop down to the local comedy club for some amusement! :D

As the build turns into more of a problem soving exercise you will get a much better sense of achievement once it is completed. My build was referred to by everyone at my previous job as "scrap heap challenge" and they werent far wrong! :huh:

Hopefully it shouldnt be too long before its finished being a rolling chassis and all, cant wait to see one in the flesh (or metal).

Good luck anyway

Stu :rolleyes:

Guest bugsy

I wanted the vid so i have someting to watch until i collect the kit (october), there is never anything to watch on the telly!! :unsure:

Thanks for the vote of confidence though, just want to make sure i am doing it right, but hey thats the fun of a kit car innit. :lol:

Ps Bugsy is a long story, next year at Newark when i come in my Soup Speck ill have a beer or two and try to explain :blink: