1984 Range Rover V8

Guest oblique

PROCHARGERS are making big inroads in the drag race world.

HERE

One of the cars in our SE class runs one......

Sorry it wont let me link directly to it, but start here, then Galleries, then 2006 Galleries,

then scroll down to Thunderball part 2.

Check halfway down page 2 of the Thunderball pictures for John Sleath

WHEEEE!!

Bob

Guest robinj66

Real Steel are just down the road from you in Cowley (Packet Boat Lane) - i would take a trip down there and talk to them.(01895 440505)

The higher Vitesse BHP is mainly due to using fuel injection over the SU/Strombergs that were fitted to the earlier SD1's.

Most power gains are obtained through aftermarket cams and head work. The latter could include waisted and larger valves together with solid lifters and adjustable pushrods to allow a greater rev limit.

Another option is to bore out and stroke the engine but that may ultimately involve changing front covers which means different cams, ignition systems and a whole host of other expensive parts.

Really depends on how much money you want to throw at it.

the basic 3.5 can give a nice lot of torque/power - use a standard 3.9 carb cam with the Edelbrock - try for a dual port manifold (eg Offenhauser) as opposed to a dual plane one. Decent exhaust headers will also help tremendously.

However i am just an enthusiastic amateur - try www.v-8.org.uk for far more information (and frankly better advice than i can give :rolleyes: )

Whatever you do, Good Luck