Sierra Running Gear

Guest Harry B

Guest Harry B

I'm looking for Sierra front uprights with disc brakes included in good nick,but not too expensive,and a rear Sierra axle with brakes and all the bits to make the car(a Robin Hood S7)into a rolling chassis.Any offers considered,or help about where to look/buy would be great.Many thanks in advance....

Guest Battery Bill

Harry

You would be better off going for a complete Sierra, just put some ads in the local Supermarkets (near the rougher neigbourhoods if possible) Asking for a cheap Sierra any condition etc and wait for the offers to flood in :D

The Brake disks are cheap new £10 ish so you would be better buying these as for the calipers if they are a bit ropey on the donor, Recon items are also reasonably cheap.

Good luck :D :D

Guest chris brown

I agree with Bill it is certainly the best way to go and if you put the scrap "donor" on SORN then you have documentation for your age related plate. If you are using a different engine get the SORN'd document (V5) changed. When you get rid of the shell don’t hand over the V5.

Guest Harry B

Is it possible to go to a scrap yard and ask for some of the specific parts from a Sierra that they can remove for you if you pay them a reasonable price?Only need the running gear at the mo....

Guest allbejay

i don't see why you couldn't, i have a rear diff and 2 back trailing arms if there any good to ya, you would then need, both drive shaft's and hubs, then brake set up ie drums. i'd imagen it would be cheaper to get a donor though as bill and chris have said, ebays always a good one.

By the way fill in your profile so we know where abouts you are and we could direct you to a near by scrapyard

Guest Alan_builder

Hi Harry,

U have been given the best advice get a whole SIERA, MOT failure is ok. £100 or less.

Change the engine etc notify DVLA changes.

Declair SORN (U can change major components after SORN but better sooner.

Why? To get an age related plate (U don't keep the original registration). Q plated cars don't hold their value as do age related plates.

Take the chassis to the scrap yard and get £20

I found a farmer and for a bottle of scotch he let me strip the car and he even used his tractor to put the remains on a road trailer.

At a breaker it will cost you a lot more than £80 FOR THESE PARTS!

U will need

Engine+ accesories/gearbox

Front struts, hubs discs and calipers.

Roll bar 1" size.

Stering column complete.

Stering rack.

Brake servo and pedle box and accelerator.

Torquetube Assy including rear hubs, brakes and back axel. Hand brake cable. Shocks unless u have coilovers

Petrol tank or another one.

Wiring loom or another with Switches.

Instruments

Petrol tank sender unit.

Seats

Handbrake unit.

Renew

Brake pads and discs + drums. Brake cylinders if stuck or any sign or oil (brake fluid).

All Flexible hoses and rear brake pipes on swining arms.

Clutch complete.

Other parts

Rt angle petrol filler hose.

Rt angle gearbox for spedo.

The cooling fan supplied with the 2B/4 is pull and is fitted as a push. use one fron a Peugot 205.

Thermostatic switch.

Water pipes.

Headlights units

Tax disc holder.

Wiper blades

Mini wiper moter, gearboxes and arms.

Mini heater with disribution pipes and adaptors to vents.

Heater Control unit.

Window washer and tank

Trim

Dont forget to service the engine;-

Timing belt, Fan belt for alterator and water pump.

Oil + filter. Plugs + leads, rotor arm + distributor cap.

I think this is a good list for a 2B/4 but

PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME IF I HAVE MISSED AN ITEM.

This is a best practice guide for safe trouble free motoring.

PS

U won't be able to get service kits for brake cylinders any longer! Some mechanics fitted them incorrectly, brake failure followed and manufacturers taken to court. Only New manyfacturer assembled replacement parts are now available.

Alan Builder