Help Over Xmas

Guest Harry B

Guest Harry B

Dear all,

Basically,I’m looking for a hand with my Robin Hood S7 that I’m building from the Xmas hols onwards.I aim to make it a rolling chassis by the end of the holidays (January 10th) and would love a hand from someone near Newmarket to help me put the running gear on the car-I am fairly inexperienced with cars,and so would love a bit of help if anyone was up for it.Looking for about three or four days of help…I’m willing to pay a fair amount for the work,but would be great if they enjoyed doing it rather than see it as a chore!Any offers would be great,as then I can fix a suitable date.

Guest Hell on Wheels

We are too far away to be of help but there will always be someone on the forum who will give you advice, they are a very helpful bunch. Good luck with your build

Helen & John :)

Guest salty_monk

Harry,

Become a member of the club for £15 & with it you'll get a list of members. Pick out the name of your local area sec, ring him, find out when & where they meet & get you ass along there.

You'll find an investment of a couple of pints will more than likely have multiple offers of help & advice before you leave!

Dan :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest allbejay

Your about an hour from me (i think, Newmarket in suffolk??) if all else fails i'll lend a hand for a weekend/ a day/ a week depends on work etc. surely it wouldn't take that long, would it..???

Guest FIRSTBUILD

I dont know if I have got it right or if I am a plank but I do feel very proud of the fact that I have done every single thing by my self - wiring etc etc. its not finished yet but is probabley 90% done - this is what I wanted and not all builders will feel the same - I even did the engine/gearbox on my own ( with a hired engine lift) and I also bought a welder and now manage to stick some things together.On several occasions you will get fed up and wonder what you have let yourself in for but every time you pass these points you get another buzz - its still possible that I wont finish my car but I have now spent £3k and three years of my spare time so I wont give in easilly !!!!!!!!!!.

think out the problems and enjoy the challenge and eventual success !!

Guest docter fox

I enjoy the feeling of doing myself but get a bit bored working by myself :lol: so often have a friend helping, as long as your still in control of the work your doing it still gives me the buzz, gives my friend the satisfaction and we generally have a laugh doing it :D doesn't normally get done any quicker though, normally slower :lol:

Guest Tim Norman

Did the first build on my own. Did the last build with a friend. It was more than twice as quick with two, that combined with the fact that we both had more of a clue as to what we were doing. Well almost :lol: :lol: :boohoo: