V12 Robin Hood

Guest RJHALL

I am posting this on behalf of Robin Hood Sports Cars,

We have the only V12 Robin Hood in the World for Sale, at the bargain price of £4500, this is a unique opportunity to have something a little quicker.

The car is based arouund the monocoque chassis, the engine is a fuel injected Jaguar V12 , with a BMW manual gear box, with Granada front uprights and the Jaguar rear suspension and diff set up.

The car has been on the road for a number of years and is fully registered, but it had been moth balled for aound 1O years, recently we have taken it out of storage, and it looks in very good condition with the engine showing signs of life.

Further details please ring Tel 01623 422286 or 07976 640841

Guest t121anf

this one?

http://www.robinhoodsportscars.com/images/V12.jpg]Link to picture[/url]

When Robin Hood were struggling to convince the public how strong their monocoques were in the early '90's, a V12 Jaguar engine and Gatrag gearbox were fitted to a standard body/chassis unit with Jaguar independent rear axle. The car has near perfect 50/50 weight distribution and was highly rated by all the magazines who tested it. Definitely a one off!

Guide Price: £9000... AWESOME POWER, NOW REDUCED TO ONLY £4500!

Log Book: YES Correctly Registered: YES Needs SVA Test: NO Been on the road: YES Date on the road: 1992 Show car only: YES Prototype: YES Development car: YES

was tempted myself but a couple of things worry me, if it breaks are parts readily available?

whats insurance like on a car like that?

does it run on unleaded?

changed to a link rather than the picture, it was large even on my work display :o

Guest salty_monk

How does it drive? Surely you can take it out on company insurance :p

Must be a monster... 280 BHP as standard so I guess it will put out a bit more with a short exhaust.. must be bags of torque too...

13mpg as standard in a jag though :( probably worse in a hood due to aerodynamics....

Guest chris brown
How does it drive?
Not very well at the moment Dan as the following quote could mean anything from "Its not seized" to "It fires up but wont keep running" Take your pick. :p B) B)
with the engine showing signs of life.

I put a post on this a few days ago :huh:

Where's it gone?????? :ph34r:

About this being the only V12 Hood, and that sounding like a challenge.

Did I upset someone and have it removed or am I going slightly madder :huh: ^_^ ;) :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

???????????

Guest yosamite sam

i think if your seriously thinking of the V12 beware - they can be very good engines but also the service repair times are astronomical if you dont do it yourself - i would also make sure which engine it is - they did make a few variants of the v12, IE the HE (high efficiency) one due to the gulf crisis.. i would of thought the fuel consumption on a good engine wouldnt be that bad due to the less weight it would be dragging about - but then again i do know there are plenty of very cheap engines kicking about to replace it if it goes wrong. as to getting parts that isnt a problem - they are all available there are loads of people buying and selling stripped down jags second hand.. me personally if i were to get hold of it would take out the engine and service it - gonna need some help tho - thats a lot of work to get that out - if i remember back - it had a 30hour book time for a full out and in!!!! :blink: B)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mickmellors

I doubt you would get this beast of an engine out and back in within the 30 hours for a Jag - I seem to remember this particular engine was partly dismantled on the bench and rebuilt inside the engine bay as it was too wide or too long (or both) to just lift in and out. The car was ( :rolleyes: allegedly ;) ) 'tested' on a long straight bit of the A38 and the driver :ph34r: backed off the loud pedal with the speedo reading 150mph :o and rev counter well away from the red.

I think the low MPG would be more than adequately made up for by the grin factor and the stereo exhaust notes. Just imagine 'giving it some' through a tunnel !!!!!!!!!