• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any idea of cost of camp site or which one

prob do wednesday to monday

speed ferries sound good

we will drive down to kent on the tues just need to find a ROCAR member

in kent who will let a least 3 hoods camp in the garden

do you drive to La Mans from Boulogne in one go

last time i did that drive it was in a 7.5 ton van and the motorway was not built?

that was about 14 years ago.

Duncan

ps the 3 hoods

myself, +1

jase +1

neil (old area sec )+1

Guest chris brown
any idea of cost of camp site or which one
No idea at all at the moment but it will be on here as soon as we know anything. If the worst comes and we don’t get tickets (the club has applied for 50) then it will be camping blue which is the non book able site and where I’ve camped for the last 10 years.

talk about bad timing, my annual leave/hols from work are all preset and next year am off from 25th may til 11th june so will have to try to change leave block, or get to use some bank holidays or get someone to stand in for me if i am going to make it there

steve

Guest Giggling_Buffoon

Based on the work I've done so far

Camping is about £50 (depends upon which campsite) per pitch (1 tent and 1 car)

General admission about £50 per person.

Important disclaimer : these are not official RHOCAR cost, but ones that I am using RR RFC from here. RHOCAR price might be higher or lower, but probably will be similar.

Last year we drove all the way from Bolougne to Le Mans in one go. One of our group decided not to stay overnight in Dover so drove from Derby all the way to Le mans (and was very knackered at the end of it).

talk about bad timing, my annual leave/hols from work are all preset and next year am off from 25th may til 11th june so will have to try to change leave block, or get to use some bank holidays or get someone to stand in for me if i am going to make it there

steve

steve hope you can make it

if so will need space for 4 hoods in kent ;)

Duncan

If I go it will be for a long weekend.

Last year it worked well - left work Thurs lunchtime, drive to Dover, evening ferry, drive 1 hour the other side to Abbeville. Stay in Formula 1 Hotel (cheap as chips).

Drive to Le Mans early next morning, arrive 2pm ish (taking in some good roads on the way!)

Leave Le Mans Sunday afternoon, take all the back roads up to Dreux area, stopped in another cheap hotel (Camanile I think), then drove up on the Monday morning for an early afternoon ferry.

Brilliant - quite knackering though, especially with my original series 1 foam seats!!!(got new ones now !!! :D :D )

Andy

No need to worry Andy we have Stephen Altwasser and his mate with the Range Rover going along with us on the same ferry and if two years ago are anything to go by there will be a spare car in component form going along just in case. :p :p :p

Thanks Chris

I do not have the spar windscreen any more as Griff had it off me at Barkston and I mean had it off ( still waiting for a replacement or Cash )

Should be a good trip can not wait.

Stephen

It sounds like there could be 6 hoods :D going from the staffs ,n midds area

we are talking about going wednesday to monday

any one else going these dates?

we will talk about dates at the next area meeting 6 December

Duncan