hi guys

ive got a S7 bought part built

got out of barn been there ten years

have got a complete h reg 2.0 ltr doc sierra carb engine and box ect

any one done one

please help

graham

Guest docter fox

I think it would require to many modifications to make it viable, buying a pinto engined car would definately save you a lot of time and aggro, and probably money aswell :)

I would avoid the dohc engine into (old model) S7 hood problem. It was designed for a pinto engine (unless it's very old and was dolomite) giving problems with servo and possibly pedals, height of engine, exhaust, and gearbox. Better to search around for a pinto engined sierra with type 9 box which all just 'drops' (sort of) straight in. There are many challenges to overcome in building an old Hood but it's perfectly do-able and you should end up with a lighter car than the 2B. I for one prefer the slightly smaller proportions of the older cars.

Nigel

ps you say its a carbed engine. I thought all the dohc engines were injection but I could be wrong. If the exhaust is on the drivers side it's a pinto and you're in business.

IF it is not SVA'd there will enough problems getting an S7 through without adding to them. I'd also suggest keep it simple and put in what it was designed to take. At least initially.

My S7 is somewhat different in that the engine swap (v6) was done after registered and roadworthy. (although I didin't do most of it).

The scost of a scrap pinto based sierra, old capri/cortina etc will be neglible compared to the cost of modifying the lump and fittings you have.

Nigel as you say the old ones are certainly compact. I think I'll need to stay off the pies at Xmas to get in mine next year!!