Go-kart

Guest rizla

:) probebly a long shot,but does anyone have any contacts for a second hand go-kart for sale,preferably a twin engine pro kart type thing

to suite age 13 and up

Guest Russler

i don't blame him, wasn't there some talk a while ago about a rh outing to buckmore (probably over a year ago), or did I miss it. ;)

anyway i was asking as i have an off road buggy i need to get round to getting rid of at some point, but i doubt they'd let you on a track with it :D

Lets do Lakeside ( longer than Buckmore) or a very good newly refurbished Brentwood ( Wider) i raced there 2 weeks ago and it is very very good.

I also have contacts there and would really like to do it again.

http://www.lakeside-karting.com/brentwood_...twood_home.html

let me know the type of race you want, grand prix with heats or all together on the track for an enduro and i will get a price. i am sure i can beat buckmore in price.

I love the new Brentwood track but if we have people coming from all over Lakeside is a little easier to find.

Back to the original post, a chat with the owner of both tracks should point you in the right direction for a twin pro

Rizla.

A few years ago I ran a Pro-Kart for a season at Warden Law Circuit in Sunderland.

It's a great sport but can get expensive and dangerous.

Are you planing to race or just have a bit of fun?

Club Karting is real motor sport, it is very serious at all levels and the races are very competitive. Kart races are not like Hoodies. They do not share their knowledge. Because they want to win, their kart set-up is a secret they will not share. I have been threatened at a race for taking too much interest in a fellow competitors choice of drive sprocket!

I suggest you and your lad join the local club and get to know the members before you buy. This will mean you get to find out the classes you are both eligible to compete in. Like Hoods no two Karts are the same and you will learn to spot the lemons from the cream.

Good luck.

Steve

If it's just for fun.

If you take into account buying the kart, club membership, insurance, clothing, track time, storage, trailer, fuel and the inevitable repairs after crashing it's cheaper to "pay as you go" with hire karts.

I ran up some expensive parts bills after some minor crashes.

For your boy have a go at the organised race series that use the kart circuit karts and see how he likes it and gets on. I have spent to much on my kids, Judo, Karate, Ice skating, hockey,ballet, music etc. and now only buy stuff when they show commitment, then if they get good we buy the good stuff

:wub: hes done 6 meetings at lakeside karting in the junior class,on his first outing he came 6th

but hes last one he came second :wub:

now hes continualy nagging me for hes own kart,witch will teach him the art of setting up the kart etc,so i dont mind buying one as hes interest is high

Great Rizla. Your Lads set to be the next F1 world champion. :D

I saw rich dads arrive at Warden Law with buses converted into mobile garages/homes containing a fleet of karts for their karting son and serious punch ups in the pits between dads arguing over "racing incidents" :ph34r: It's a great sport. :D