Guest coopsuk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Quarks7

Hi Guys,

This happened to myself a few years back in are local Argos car park.

I parked up went to buy a ticket from the pay and display. Heard a scream and a lot of carrying on. Got back to the car to find a guy and his son (approx 5yrs old) stood there looking pretty cheesed off cos the little lad had run over as they had parked up and started mauling my car and in doing so he's touched the down pipes. There was a patch of skin still visable and smoking on the exhaust and the poor little sod was in agony. However the reaction I got from his dad was a surprise i.e. he blamed me and said the lad was only looking at my car!!! He then proceded to start getting very abusive and physical.

Anyway after explaining that when I was a kid we used our eyes to look not our hands and that his son already needed hospital treatment so unless they wanted a group discount he'd better calm down and let go of me. He dissapeard muttering something about Police/Solicitors.

I don't now how any of us with this type of car would fair in front of a judge but it's worth considering. Having said that the SVA is so tight I'd have thought it would be covered to a greater extent in that? As it isn't I guess we are ok and like somebody said earlyer in this post bike exhausts are all on show and run just as hot!

When i took my exmo for sva in 2002 the examiner actually burnt his leg on my exhaust when leaning in to look under the dash! he then joked about the fact he couldn't fail me for that but he could for the sharp edge he noticed while under there!!! :angry:

Mike

Guest John Walton

It is possible to run an exhaust up the transmission tunnel and miss the prop shaft.

My Old TigerCub had one fitted, I of course did the decent thing.

Ripped it off and fitted an nice, big, chrome and very bloody hot can and pipes on the outside.

Further to this............. a couple of years ago there was a thread started by Big Jim with regard to who had the best leg burn from an exhaust.

Knowing Jim had a belter I sent him a pic of my crinkeled skin creation.

The rotter then put it up on here.