Side Repeaters

Guest robin

where abouts have people placed their side repeaters and passed sva?

i want to use oval ones and place them on the body sides rather than on the wings.

is this ok?

oh and the ones i bought don't have an e-mark but i noticed that the ones supplied in the kit don't either. possible fail?

any help much appreciated ^_^

Guest Battery Bill

Robin

Ours are positioned on the side of the car no problems with SVA, Im not sure if ours has an e mark either and they were supplied with the kit, I think he was only concerned about making sure we had no sharp edges. :D

Just been out to check No E marks :D :D

SVA requirement is 350mm min to the lowest point on the lens from ground level. I mounted my side repeaters in the triangle of the windscreen support and passed SVA without comment

Trevor

When you go for the SVA the examiner might try to do the viewing angles test. But there is a rule exempting lotus 7 style cars from the viewing angle test. Just make them check the manual.

We had an inspector checking our examiner. The inspector wanted to do the tests, he wouldn't beleive me about the lotus 7 rule until the examiner backed me up.