Jump to content


Community user
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


kevyo89 last won the day on April 28 2019

kevyo89 had the most liked content!

Previous Fields

  • Car type
    Haynes roadster
  • Full name
    Kevin O'Neill

Profile Information

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

kevyo89's Achievements


Builder (2/5)



  1. Sorry - long time since an update but the car was mapped today 260bhp Car looks quire different now too...
  2. Apologies for not having updated this in so long.....loads of progress and changes in the past couple of months. I will let the pics do the talking.....
  3. Sorry for not updating this thread for a while (for those of you who do enjoy it). I got a bit of time at the car over easter and I have made a fair bit of progress...... I also dropped an order for a full custom wiring loom for both the engine and car, a MaxxECU standalone ECU, a Koso DB-03R digital speedo/instrument cluster and some DRL daymaker headlights. I plan to finish off the dashboard and transmission tunnel this week, and have the rest of the car pretty much ready to go once the wiring and ECU arrives. P.S. I don't like waiting for things as you all can probably tell lol
  4. Today I got the front and rear brake lines completed - tracked through the transmission tunnel and P-clipped etc. I got the rad mounted as well I also got the fuel cell and swirl pot fitted with both lift the lift pump and high pressure pump fitted. Just need to track the fuel lines through the transmission tunnel and that's the rear end complete.
  5. I'm interested in these but will need them posted
  6. So this weekend, i got a good bit done since returning from holiday: - steering setup stripped and the column painted then refitted - the log manifold completed and painted up with some VHT black The pedal box had to come back out as the bias bar and remote adjuster were very fiddly in situ. It's now complete and working as intended. The remote adjuster just needs mounted once I've my dash in... - Remote master cylinders positioned nicely on the side rail - Front brake lines in and braided lines out to the calipers How it currently sits:
  7. I was on holiday there so progress halted for a bit. Tonight though, I got the following few bits sorted.... Manifold completed and turbo test fitted: It's a snug fit but does clear all the way around so pretty happy with the position. I also got my pedal box finally mounted and the remote master cylinders mounted along the side of the chassis. This was the only place they could really go and I'm pretty happy with them here. My 540cc injectors and intercooler also arrived and I'm awaiting delivery of my new bonnet, bonnet scoop and carbon bubble screen. Over the weekend, I hope to finish off the brake lines and fuel lines before dropping the engine back in and starting on the wiring. The steering column also needs trimmed and painted so will do that as well.
  8. The last piece of my fuel system puzzle arrived today - fuel pressure regulator. Looking forward to getting this all hooked up.
  9. The axle came together as intended, misalignment spacers doing the trick nicely (I know my rose joints need nuts - I ran out so will fit later) And its not back on all fours for now with the rear end complete Inc panhard rod fitted
  10. I said I wouldn't upgrade the brakes just yet but I couldn't help myself:
  11. More progress today: Axle brackets finished, axle wirebrushed, degreased and sprayed Brake calipers on and steering column centre shaft mounted to the side of the chassis with a steering rose joint Upper steering column modified from previous to lower the steering height a little more It's absolutely stinking with all of the dust but now thankfully thats the last of the heavy work done.
  12. So today's progress: - Rose-jointed trailing arms finished - Calipers refurbished (I will be fitting four pots but since I have these already, I'll try them out with some DS2500 pads and braided lines) I also had to redo the axle mounts - the holes were too far back in the mount to allow for the rose joints to fit. I had to plate the original mounts up and fill in the holes, then redrill. Complete pain in the ass but should be ready to throw the rear end in by tomorrow.
  13. Thanks mate. I'm hoping it will turn out to be a good'n anyway
  14. Thanks mate - I'm very impatient so I try to rattle through things while I can lol
  15. Some turbo goodness arrived today
  • Create New...