Engine Chips

Guest no1carmaddad

Guest no1carmaddad
;) On the ebay they are selling for a fiver a piggyback device, this sits between the ecu and sender and so the advert says can produce 5-20 more bhp. Has anyone bought one of these gismo's, are they any good. I suppose for a fiver I haven't much to lose.thanks simon. <_<

Hi I bought one of these kits but have not fitted it yet.It fits in the air intake sensor and its a 4700 ohm resistor (quite a physicaly large one).I will scan the instructions when I find them so if anyone wants the info will you e mail me.

Cheers Geoff

I suppose for a fiver I haven't much to lose.
:huh:

If you blow your ecu to kingdom come, take someone with you when you buy a new one 'cause you won't be in a fit state to drive after the shock :(

5-20 bhp is a big hike...no way you will get that for a fiver....my advice, don't waste the fiver...send it to me instead :lol:

Dave

Guest mickmellors

If you believe all these gadgets that are advertised in the boy racer press you can get 300 bhp out of a 1.1 Vauxhall Nova just by putting clip on blue hose ends on everything under the bonnet.

If you want the equivalent to around 5 BHP genuine increase in performance out of your Robin Hood for FREE this is all you need to do -

Get rid of excess weight. Remove the following items from your car -

Passenger seat, carpets, spare wheel, windscreen (5 mph ! !), washer bottle, wipers, hood and frame, all petrol from tank except 1/2 gallon, tool kit and anything else not directly involved in making it go or keeping it legal on the road.

Now add -

Crash helmet (so you can breath and keep flies out of your eyes)

and away you go - was it worth it ?

No ? Still got your £5 though ! ! ! ! !

Yes? Please send £5 to Mick Mellors c/o RHOCaR .. .. . . . .

Guest Andy Rathbone

mines almost that complete too!! apart from a distinct lack of lights it should move under its own power tomorrow night ( and stop when pressing the middle pedal)

you can get 300hp from a Nova you just simply remove the 1.1 and put in a tuned and turboed V8. but it will still look like a Nova(from the french verb ally, which means "to go", No Va means no go ) mmmmmm thats why its sold as a corsa on the continent. apologise to anyone owning a Nogo.

Guest AWhite

Seen those ram air thing advertised as well. That's another bloody stupid idea.

It basically forces air into the air intake a bit like a turbo without the pressure. It's like a big fan in a pipe.

The problem being it's electric so when the thing spins it puts a massive load on the power therfore gettting rid of the bhp increase it may have achieved.

The problem being it's electric so when the thing spins it puts a massive load on the power therfore gettting rid of the bhp increase it may have achieved.

That's not strictly true. It will increase power pickup at low revs, but reduce the overall fuel economy in doing so. It basically flattens out the power curve, increasing it at lower revs but reducing it higher up. Combine this with a smart alternator and you'd be on to a winner ... watch out for "E-boost" technology on Turbo Diesels in the near future. Turbo lag is reduced by the addition of an electric motor which cuts in when you put your foot down. A smart alternator then ensures that battery power is used during the acceleration, with the battery being topped up in the next steady state cruise condition.

Ant