Surrey Top

Guest smegheadsteve

Guest chris brown
Where can i get a surrey top from?

I tried sending pete2b2002 a message but his inbox is full!

Cheers.

Steve.

Keep trying Pete as his do seem to be about the best. But why not try to make one yourself it really isn’t difficult

Guest smegheadsteve

I will keep trying pete,just about to start my bike carb conversion so havent really got time to be making a top aswell.

It was supposed to be a winter project,but before i know it spring will be here!My fault for having 2 kids.

Steve.

Guest Ian & Carole

Also I think with Pete being really ill last year he has somthing of a back log.

I am waiting for my surrey and half doors I ordered last Sept.

From what I have seen though well worth waiting for.

Ian J

Guest smegheadsteve

Has anyone had a surrey top off gingerfix?

Can you recommend them?

I really need one for this year because the car got very little use last year because of our weather!

If I was to make one myself what material should I use?

Steve.

Just a quick thread hijack - what do you guys use the Surreys for, I mean what are they suitable for? Rain protection? - when driving or when static or both? I have an older style/cheaper RH top which is quite water proof but a right pfaff to erect - I was wondering how effective the Surreys are.

Guest chris brown
Just a quick thread hijack - what do you guys use the Surreys for, I mean what are they suitable for? Rain protection? - when driving or when static or both? I have an older style/cheaper RH top which is quite water proof but a right pfaff to erect - I was wondering how effective the Surreys are.

I use mine whenever a top is needed summer or winter and find it much better than the full hood as it is very easy to fit (30 seconds to a minute) and keeps you just as dry as the full hood when moving but can allow a little water in when static if the wind is from the wrong direction. I used 6oz material but 4oz is plenty heavy and strong enough

Guest craig030774
Also I think with Pete being really ill last year he has somthing of a back log.

I am waiting for my surrey and half doors I ordered last Sept.

From what I have seen though well worth waiting for.

Ian J

after the rain had soaked his and his suppliers premises and his illness after that the last contact I had off him was that he had some material cut but was waiting on some clips

said should receive before christmas :o

so as ian said some back log

Save up and get the full hood set, i had a surrey and got fed up of the rain pooling on the top and running over the edge on to my shoulder. The full hood set is great, doesnt leak, is warm and looks better than the surrey in my opinion.