Speedometer

the_gambler

Hi, I would like to change my sierra type speedo for individual clocks, preferably smiths, my hood is a 2L with 5 speed gearbox, what do I have to look out for? I have seen an mgb speedo on ebay, looks good, but will it work? Also just a thought, how do I stand legally, if I buy a secondhand with lower mileage than my original, is this classed as ' clocking ' the speedo? just a thought.

Guest mac801123
Hi, I would like to change my sierra type speedo for individual clocks, preferably smiths, my hood is a 2L with 5 speed gearbox, what do I have to look out for? I have seen an mgb speedo on ebay, looks good, but will it work? Also just a thought, how do I stand legally, if I buy a secondhand with lower mileage than my original, is this classed as ' clocking ' the speedo? just a thought.

Hi mate :hi:

Have you looked at the kitparts direct web site? http://www.kitpartsdirect.com/page43.htm

Set of clocks that are all compatable with each other and look very nice.

Make sure you get the fuel gauge that is set up for the right fuel sender as most don't work from dial to dial.

As to 'Clocking' that won't be a problem as your not taking the miles back on the old clocks, all you have to do is make sure if you sell it you make them aware of the fact that the milage is the miles on the old clock plus the miles on the new clock. I think DVLA need to know too but can't be too sure.

hope to have been some help Mike :good: