Front Mudguards

Guest jwts

Hi,

I got carried away and applied for a last SVA and got one (oops) - I now have to finish the build in three weeks!

Has anyone got detailed pics and/or instructions on how to fit the front mudguards? I don't have time for the usual Hoodie 'make it up as you got along' approach :) .

Many thanks in advance.

John (jwts).

Not sure on a superspec but on a zero I just placed the mudguard over the bracket.

Used my eyes and a straight line to check that they were ok.

Marked up the inner edge to be shaped oval to accomodate the bracket.

Used a powerfile to shape the guard until it sat square, then applied the glue/sealant to the guard and left to set.

Took about 30 mins each guard.

Ian

good luck with the SVA

Guest chris brown
Hi,

I got carried away and applied for a last SVA and got one (oops) - I now have to finish the build in three weeks!

Has anyone got detailed pics and/or instructions on how to fit the front mudguards? I don't have time for the usual Hoodie 'make it up as you got along' approach :) .

Many thanks in advance.

John (jwts).

This is one type of bracket. Earlier brackets were inboard of the dummy mc strut. As for attaching the wings some have just bonded them on with sika but I think most bolt them on. If you go down the bolting route then it is best to weld or attach by some means, a flat plate to the tube that you can bolt the wing to.

post-746-1238440655_thumb.jpg

Hi John, you should have one bent piece of tubing that contains all four brackets... you have to cut them yourself. I think (it was four years ago) that you need around 150mm from the end of the bend... but as the saying goes measure twice cut once. :) When fitted they look like the picture Chris has posted

Will

Hi John, you should have one bent piece of tubing that contains all four brackets... you have to cut them yourself. I think (it was four years ago) that you need around 150mm from the end of the bend... but as the saying goes measure twice cut once. :) When fitted they look like the picture Chris has posted

Will

Agree with Will

You cut up the bent tube, then once you work out which bit is bit, drill through the tube and the struts fitted to the top joint on the hub.

The most difficult I seem to remember is how to get the wing onto the bracket once fitted the bends are not 100% and trying to correct this is hard.

I bedded the wing onto some body filler with cling film on top of it to stop grab on GRP. This allowed it to be set square'ish on the wheel etc.

Then used short 4mm bolts with screw covers from B&Q to attach to wing.