S7 Cycle Wing Brackets

Guest dellyend1

Guest dellyend1

Hi All,

first newbie post started with me busting a cycle wing bracket ( the L shaped top ones) on the drive home from collection and since then I have got hold of GBS who do indeed, as advised by a kind forum member) stock replacement ones that are reinforced. However they need welding and I do not have any welding skills so I would be looking at £80 plus P & P for GBS to weld them but more importantly I was asked questions about off set of wheels etc.

I was thinking, is it best to find a pair of original S 7 brackets and get a local welder to add the extra weld plates to the areas of flex just above the mounting plate ?

Next question is (bet you can't guess) : does anybody have a pair of S 7 top L shaped cycle wing brackets kicking about that they would kindly sell to me for a reasonable price ?

Advice / guidance on the two points above would be gratefully received

With Thanks

Jeremy

Guest AWhite

Hi Jeremy,

I've got some cycle wing brackets that I've recently taken off they are the tube bits with flat steel bolted to them (no welding required they just go behind the bolts on the sierra front hubs.) They were quite some distance from the tyre so swapped them for the welded ones. You can have them for the cost of postage you may be able to mod them easily. Mines a series 3 but similar to S7. I'll take a pic tomorrow to see if they're any use.

Andy

Guest AWhite

Here ya go:

IMG_0769.jpg

Obviously if you want them I'll take the wings off them. If you want them let me know and I'll weigh them to see how much it would cost to post.

Andy

Guest dellyend1

Here ya go:

IMG_0769.jpg

Obviously if you want them I'll take the wings off them. If you want them let me know and I'll weigh them to see how much it would cost to post.

Andy

HI Andy,

Thank you very much for the reply and yes please could you let me know how much for postage and drop me a PM with payment details

Very much appreciated

Jeremy