Suspension Setup

Guest ScottG

Guest ScottG

Was out for a blast on some "A Class" B class roads last night, first real hammering after fitting the new coilovers.

There is a huge improvement with the Gaz coilovers, however it did at times feel like I was being driven rather than doing the driving. It was nervous and twitchy at the back and I was constantly fighting with it.

Does this mean the setup is too hard or so soft?

The tracking and alignment is being set today so everything is moving in the right direction.

Guest Tim Norman

Too hard!

I have opposite problem

I have just refitted my front anti roll bar and put the shocks on full soft. Turn in is fantastic but it just a bit too soft for my liking. As in all "fun" things Experimentation is the key.

Guest kleighton

When I recently changed my top ball joints my back felt like it went light, and after a lot of messing around I got the camber and track somewhere near, I took it to a local tyre place to get the tracking done (turns out I was miles out with my settings), it feels really planted now.

I too have GAZ coil overs and have the dampers set quite low, 6 or 7 clicks from the softest setting I think.

Hope you notice a difference when you get it set up.

Cheers

Keith