Help

Guest mower man

Guest mower man

Fitted J.P.racing distrib thursday went out for roadtest fri great pulls like a train 10miles really pleased stalled it as I pulled on the drive nostart , knew petrol low added10 ltrs quik check all seemed ok----------

------- left it for 15 mins or so and then ------------

started seemed ok stopped its self again no start quick check connectors etc left it till today . Started no prob from cold warming thro nicley stopped further meter checks coil not good new coil fitted leads ok clean fuel filter checked timing oh oh belt slack retns belt set timng static no start pulled plugs damp but not soaked packed up for to day . Has any one got any ideas ? or infact time too come have a look I have a feeling that the little spark box in the new distrib is to blame but have no idea how to checkit so

HELP mower man :crazy: :bad:

Guest Ian & Carole

When I bought the electronic distributor for the Daimler they strongly advised that I fit a high power coil.

Have you still got the old set up ? if so go back to what worked and see if problem goes away.

Don't start fiddling with th new stuff or you will soon fore-go your warranty.

Guest mower man

When I bought the electronic distributor for the Daimler the strongly advised that I fit a high power coil.

Have you still got the old set up ? if so go back to what worked and see if problem goes away.

Don't start fiddling with th new stuff or you will soon fore-go your warranty.

I got intouch with the guy and asked about coils he seemed to think it would be ok un less use was full out comp/racing have sent emails asking for advise /action we'll see what happens mick

Guest mower man

Deffo no spark ,all conns good wiring correct changed coil ------ my brain hurtsz a bit probably re fit old system this ater noon mower man :aggressive: :80: :crazy:

Guest mr D

I had a similar problem would start fine cold go for a run would get occasional misfire stop engine or stall it no way would it start again , leave t for 45mins ok again replaced coil and ignition amp pack still same it turned out to be the bosch electronic pointless type dizzy very low pulse output to ign amp when warm replaced been fine since

hope problem is solved b4 brain hurts too much

:drinks: D