Windscreen Wiper Splines, Are They A Standard Size?

PaulF2B

I have a standard Lucas wiper motor and set of wheelboxes off a Land Rover (Either a Defender or earlier Series 3) and am looking at fitting a splined adapter part # STC987 to the shaft.

Does anyone know if these splined adapters are the same size as the classic Mini? As I want to fit a standard 10" set of mini wipers.

In other words does this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-Splined-Wiper-Arm-Adapter-Set-to-07-STC987-/390891247607?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5b02ef17f7

fit this ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230881729581?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am hoping Lucas have standardised, but I'm sure there must be an expert out there who knows.

Thanks

Paul

Guest 2b cruising

Austinwestminster pricess r to mini. All the same cos they were to tight to modernise. Hence nearly all had same switches and other parts. Re-tooling was.considered a waste of money to the grabbers that run it at the time. The strikes certainly didn't help them but when you were buying a new model car with all the old fashioned equipment. What real incentive was there to buy the product.

I feel like Victor Meldrew now. Will have to stop watching him on his around Britain tour. Lol

Guest chris brown

Or was it a case of if it's not bust why change it? Have a look at Mercedes same switches (cars lorries and busses) for about 20 years also same steering box and pump across range of cars