Peugeot Alloy Wheels

Guest ash

I have been offered a set of peugeot alloys which i am told will fit a peugeot 306 or 405

I know peugeot wheels will fit ford hubs but are these two particular models different?

they are 4 stud

cheers ash

Guest Lobgob

Hi Ash

I've got Peugeot alloys on mine the PCD is the same as Ford but the centre hole needs a spacer as the centre of the Ford hubs is slightly smaller

hope this helps

Lobgob

Guest jetskijase

Where did you get the spacer's from? I think if you get alloys off a 407/206 then the et is differant 35 i think. Where as the older 306 405 is the et 15 which are the same as RH alloys I think???

Jase

Guest Petemate

Gosh - now I'm VERY confused. My own RH "smoothy-spoked" alloys have ET35 cast inside. I understood that Pug wheels have less offset, which would help me as I have the wide cycle wings and rear arches, and have been considering getting a set of 15s with the appropriate profile for the sake of the speedo.

So I'll presumably have to 1) ensure the correct offset {say, 15-18?} 2) obtain rings to get the wheels to settle accurately on the hubs and 3) if Pugs, see that they are old 306/405? Having sliding pillar, whatever I get will need to be spaced out (ooer! :p ) either 14s (to miss the front susp bottom) or 15s (to miss the spring tops). I understand there are proper (expensive) spacers available with built-in adaptor rings, but want to keep the expense down if poss. So where can one get these rings? Alloy wheel shops?

Grateful for any help etc etc

Pete(Oldgit)

Guest paul thompson

Ok Here is the deal with Peugeot wheels. The bolt PCD is 108, the same as 4 staud fords. Most have an "inset" to give its correct (negative offset) name of about 15 to 25 mm. Mine have 18. Standard FWD and sierra negative offset (no one uses positive offset on cars these days therefore they dropped the negative tag) of 35mm. Using Peug. wheels therefore means that the wheels sit further away from the body towards the outside of the car. More clearance to the cycle wings and a wider track. The disadvantage of that is the centre of the contact patch is further away from the point where the KPI hits the floor and therefore has a larger lever, which means that kick back is much more noticable (hitting potholes in the road kicks the steering wheel in your hands) I find this is not a problem on mine BUT I do have a KPI of 22 degrees bringing the contact patch and the KPI closer together again. (I can do a sketch if anyone does't follow me) The centre boss on a Peug is 1.4 mm larger in dia than that of the Ford and a sloppy fit on the spigot can be expected. A spigot ring 0.7 mm thick does not exist, smallest one I know of is 1.2 mm. If you want a good spigot fit you need to get the hole made bigger to accept one of the standard rings. ALSO and very important! the nut (bolts on a Peug. seats are different!! The Pug. has flat washers and you cannot fit tapered nuts to them! This is checked in SVA if the wheels do not look like the donor wheels. I recut the nut seats on mine to 60 degree taper by making a special tool. Using the taper nuts centralises the wheel without the need for such a good fit on the spigot, Make sure you tighten them to the specified torque which is probably a lot more than you think it is. ALSO the holes for the threaded part of the stud are smaller than the Ford so you cannot use the Ford nuts. They are too big at the front end and the taper will not come together. You either need to drill out the holes to accept the Ford nuts OR but some nuts which do not have the large "nose" (this is what I did and am very happy with the result) I hope that clears a few things up.

Guest jetskijase

Wot about :p :p , No really,, Can you fit ford alloys then space them out and change the studs for longer one's?? Taking the et 38 to about 18?? Anyone done this?

Jase :D

Wot about :p :p , No really,, Can you fit ford alloys then space them out and change the studs for longer one's?? Taking the et 38 to about 18?? Anyone done this?

Jase :D

You can but you don't have to. Wheels from an earlier RWD Ford have the correct PCD, taper, seat for the nuts, centre spigot hole AND the desirable offset. The only problem is getting them in the larger diameters as that wasn't the fashion (or technology) when those cars were around. If you are buying new just specify that the wheels are to be the fitment for a Capri or similar rather than a Sierra.

Iain