Filling Holes

Guest ians2B

Guest ians2B

Hello All,

Started filling some of the holes on the inside body tub as I am now starting to final fix wiring etc nearly there, not!. I have been reading the threads about how to best do this. Well, I used self adhesive damp proof course membrane. You can get it from any builders merchant and it comes in a roll about 100mm wide or so. One side coverded in the the stickiest adhesive know to man then a flexible/mouldable inner core finished with a dull grey matt effect top layer (which is completly non-sticky).You can cut it with scissors, stick it down and slightly shape it as well.Brilliant. I figure if it can stick to old manky bricks for years it must be able to handle smooth metal. Heat? I hear you say. well I have some that has been use on a garage lean-to and is exposed to the elements and sun directly, it does not seem to be ageing at all (been there at least five years). Worked and absolute treat on the cut out for the seirra petrol tank. If you have a bigger hole place a rough metal bridge to sort out the largest part rivet this, then cover with the tape, bingo! Got say I did have fun last night, something worked!

sounds like it's self adhesive flashing for use in building joints etc, to replace or repair old lead flashing.

comes in a range of widths up to about 200mm/8inches, also sometimes called flashband.

available from all builder merchants,B+Q, wickes etc

Steve