Cobra Monaco Seats

Guest ianjenn

Guest ianjenn

A little favour, I am going to fit cobra monaco seats, but haven't purchased them yet as the wife has spent all my money over christmas.

I want to put the under floor strengtheners in place so would anyone be able to tell me the measurements of the mounting hole centres from front to back and side to side. I have the toal width of the seat but not the mounting hole locations

thanks

Guest peter2b2002

Hi , I fitted the same seats to my 2b, i found that the outside seat mounting bolt fouled the rubber bush thingy that holds the rear subframe to the chassis. Mine did this cos i put the front angle iron ( the piece that holds the hand brake) in first which meens you are stuffed for the rear o/s seat runner fixing unless you bodge it by drilling through the sub frame as i did,

if you need to talk it through , give me your phone no

cheers pete2b

Hi there, the holes are 290 mm side-to-side and the front holes are 330 mm away from the rear ones. The front edge of the seat is 130 mm ahead of the front pair of holes. Measurements between the centres of the holes. We hope to modify the Sierra seat runners to fit. Hope that helps.

Eddie

Guest chris brown
We hope to modify the Sierra seat runners to fit
Unless you are 5ft nothing you will be looking over the top of the screen with runners fitted you need to get the seats as low as poss

Guest gordon_macnab

I've fitted a pair of these, I used some cut down runners from a MK2 fiesta so seats sit about an inch from the floor which means your well below the top of the screen when sitting in them (I'm 5'11 or so).

I bolted mine through the floor and into some flat bar that runs longitudinal with the car so you can fit the seats in the best position possible for your legs.

Cheers

Gordon

Hi Ian

I have fitted the monaco's and a word of warning.... they are not that comfortable on a long journey as my wife keeps telling me

I have had to put an extra cussion in the bottom of the seat otherwise she refused to go out in it!!!

I fitted a set of runners I got from raceways and there is no probs with being below the windcreen.

If you bolt on the runners and run two strips of steel between the runners you can set your own mounting points .

I made up two plates for the back mounts and used the front angle iron for the front mounts

cheers

Chris