Yokohama 539's

Guest John Walton

Guest John Walton

Looking for a new set tyres

I live in South Lincolnshire and I'm looking a set tyres that will do for a few track days and a few road miles.

Have been offered Yokohama 539's at £40 + vat a corner + fitting

Comments????????????

Guest chris brown
Yokohama 539's at £40 + vat a corner + fitting
You don’t say what size but if they are 195*50*15 they sound a bit expensive John I got mine for £31 + VAT but they have them at virtually all the shows at about £32 inc VAT 205 are normally £3 or £4 more

Incidentally they are great in the dry but a bit skittish when the roads are just damp.

Guest jwaterman

I have Toyo Proxes T1S 195-50-R15 85V on mine, they are fanflipintastic, they very sticky in the dry and almost as sticky in the wet. They have the looks as well, I have done 10,000 miles on the rear before replacing and still have the fronts on with 6mm left i have done 13,000 approx miles now,

I paid £40 all in per corner. These tyres are the tyres fitted as standard on the TVRs as they leave the factory.

id second the proxies specialy the new t1s since i tried them ive never looked back and they have a great tread patern!! ive had yokos on my 205 for trackdays and there great in the dry but in the wet or damp the are nasty just let go with no warning fun but scary hiting school at 70mph :o

www.blackcircles.com is a good place to start but i got my last ones from another place ill dig the number out they were rearly cheep £32 ish if i remember right (195 55 r15)

Guest John Walton

I have driven a Tiger R6 and a R6S both fitted with Proxey T1S, a very good tyre, but as I have 14" rims Toyo dont do a tyre to fit.

If you have a few quid tucked away for tyres fit some Toyo R888's they make the T1S look cheap and nasty.

I drove an R6 with R888's on around Donny all day at the last show, unbeleivable levels of grip

• 1 month later...