Upgrading From Sealed Beam

Guest tom2b

Guest tom2b

Im quite happy with the appearance of my robinhood standard headlights but the selaed beam is pretty crap. Whats the best way to upgrade them to halogen?

Guest timswait

Europa Motor Spares Europa Sell the reflector units you need for (I think) about £10 each. These fit straight into your existing pods and will take any standard H4 halogen bulb. Unfortunately their online shop seems a bit rubbish (maybe it's Firefox....) and I can't find them on it. Best to phone them, they do sell them, I bought a replacement one from them a couple of weeks ago when I bashed mine with a spanner!

Guest peter2b2002
Or if you shop around at Harrogate (Or any show) you will get them for £8 each :D

I got mine from Horrogate last year complete with H5 bulbs £25 make shure you get the ones for UK driving as there were some that dipped the wrong way for sale there

pete2b

Guest salty_monk

Standard RH ones take 7" units.

To give you another idea... I bought the 5" black units off premier wiring http://www.premierwiring.co.uk/ for 60 odd quid complete with Halogen bulbs & then sold my original RH ones for around 35 quid on Ebay complete with sealed beams....

Cost is about the same but you get better lights out of it. Chrome on the RH ones doesn't last so long & then lense retention system rusts & breaks in my experience...

Dan :)

Europa Motor Spares...

Unfortunately their online shop seems a bit rubbish (maybe it's Firefox....) and I can't find them on it.

Yep, it's firefox ;)

Guest warwick7735

Hi

As they are basically mini units why don't you get a halogen conversion kit costs £11.99. or you can get some pretty nifty looking angel eye ones (look like the later BMW which light up around the edge) £49.95/pr

Warwick

Guest klaxon

I picked up a pair at Newark. Made in India but seemed ok. They are a bit flatter faced than the sealed beams. they came with side-light bulb holders and all bulbs. £19.50/pair. I cant remember the vendor's name but he might be at Harrogate.

Guest salty_monk

I've had all 3... 7"RH with sealed Beams, 7" RH with Halogen upgrade & now the 5" Halogen's.

Quality is better on the 5" halogens than on the RH ones, light spread etc is about the same with either,

Sir Chris also runs the 5" ones with no problems.

If I had to choose again I'd go with the black 5" ones, they look good on the car. There are 5" chrome ones around too I think but really you need to buy chrome over brass otherwise they will rust eventually.

With the black ones at least you can rub them down & respray them if ever necessary...

Dan :)