Megasquirt N Spark

Guest Fred2b

I am toying with the idea if getting a megasquirt n spark from Father Chrismas this year but I need to know something first.

My car is currently running standard EFI, if I install the megasquirt can I ditch the big mass air vane box, I think I read somewhere that the megasquirt takes a reading from manifold pressure or have I totally misunderstood it?

Peter :huh:

Hi Peter as Tony said I have loads of megasquirt info and use megasquirt extra edis on my 2b. Your welcome to call or phone. You may find a waiting time of 2 months of more for a kit but well worth it B) Colin

I have built an MS2 to run my V8 2B project. I bought a kit from DIY Autotune and it took 2 weeks to come.

I think the MS2 is worth looking at over the mega squirt and ... because of its future expandability. It doesn't have so many ignition options right now but it does do EDIS and a standard points/hall/VR dizzy and coil. The MS2 has CAN (controller area network) so it can talk to loads of addon devices, just like a modern car ECU. Bowling and Grippo are going to release a general purpose IO board in the next 2 months which will attach via CAN. This will allow all kinds of features to be implemented. In the slightly longer term a router board will be available which will allow the MS2 to do sequential ignition rather than batch ignition as the Sierra EFI unit does.