Mini Wiper Systems X3 Or X1.5?!?

Guest Alex Spratt

Guest Alex Spratt

i am thinking of fitting 3 mini wiper arms and blades on my 2B and was wondering if anyone else who has done this could post some pic it would be much appreciated.

Also i want to have the sweep from left to right with the 3rd wheel gear in front of the driver, is this the way other people have done it?

Cheers Alex

Guest mower man

WHY3? , 2 are ample Idoubt you could do it on a hood screen cos it's hardly big enough for two ,I know it's done on Morgans but the screen is bigger, sorry to rain on your parade but I honestly don't think it's worth the hassle :unknw: :sorry: mower man :huh:

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Kevin

The easiest to fit is the old Mini / Allegro / Maxi if you can find one :rolleyes:

You can buy new but expesive at £100 +

Be patient and you might find one, I was very luck and got a complete wiper system and a Mini heater for a tenner from an auto jumble at Newark, sadly not seen any since. :mellow:

Guest djs dad

i have wipers already (stripped off for the rebuilt at the mo). the rubber that is around the splined parts on mine is naff, can this be replaced? also the motor is poor, easy to replace im sure.

Guest Ian & Carole
the rubber that is around the splined parts on mine is naff

If you mean the triangular shaped bit that sits above the scuttle, that the spindle comes through, they are readily available in OE black and after market chrome from places like "Mini Spares" "SVC" http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/prod_wipers.html etc.

If you just want a pair of replacement black ones I have a pair you can have.

I can bring to Stoneleigh or pop them in the post for you.

HTHs

I've seen three wipers on a Hood - fairly sure the car was also on the cover of Boyz In Hoodz in the old black and white days. However.... the most useable setup I've seen was on a local car (to me) where the wheel-boxes were on opposite ways up and the wipers parked horizontally in the centre and moved away from each other towards vertical at the outer edge. This left a V-shape in the middle that wasn't swept but since the majority of that was behind the rear-view-mirror it wasn't an issue. I think there had been some re-drilling of the wheel in the motor to re-position the peg in order to get the right sweep.

Both of mine of course had the conventional setup with two wipers parking pointing towards the passenger side and sweeping to a little over-centre on the drivers side.

You can get the plastic/rubber mounts for the wheel-boxes in different angles to accomodate the angle of the scuttle to the screen. You can also get different size cogs in the wheelboxes and combined with the different cogs in the motor itself these give all-sorts of combination of sweep angles.

Iain