Rolling Road

Guest robert elms

Guest robert elms

Hi all

Had a session with Dave at emerald to sort out the running of the car emissions seem to be ok sounds a lot better but he could only get 146.2 BHP out of it anyone got any ideas why this might be he said its the cat holding back the power. I am running a new 2.0 black top with cat on jenveys and an MT75 gear box. I have borrowed the cat from Tony B who also has a black top but on bike carbs and type 9 gear box but he got 176 BHP(head scratch) strange could it be the gear box or is there something wrong with the engine. :huh: :(

Guest boggybogstar
where they both set up on Dave Walkers rolling road?

yes they were, really strange this and talking to Rob earlier we couldnt really work it out, mine has GSXR Throttle bodies and Rob's has Jenveys.

My big ugly CAT and end can gave me just short of 175bhp and Rob only got 146 with the same CAN and CAT.

both our fuel set up's are the same using Golf GTI pumps and accumulators.

The only difference on Robs are the Jenveys and an MT75 gearbox

????

One of the problems could be the inlet manifold, if its a burton manifold or a cheap one off ebay they need quite a lot of metal taking out of them to match them up to the ports. On the modified heads i do for zetecs, just putting the standard manifold on the head, robs it of quite a large amount of flow.( can't just remember the exact figure off top of my head) but with a fair bit of grinding, you can reduce the flow loss to almost zero, the shorter manifold of the two produces a little more top end power than the long one.

neil

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mtechautomotive
One of the problems could be the inlet manifold, if its a burton manifold or a cheap one off ebay they need quite a lot of metal taking out of them to match them up to the ports. On the modified heads i do for zetecs, just putting the standard manifold on the head, robs it of quite a large amount of flow.( can't just remember the exact figure off top of my head) but with a fair bit of grinding, you can reduce the flow loss to almost zero, the shorter manifold of the two produces a little more top end power than the long one.

neil

He says hes on Jenvies, I assume using their mani too?

We usually see 170+ easily.... something is wrong somehwre...

Matt