Robinhood Lightweight

Guest Andybarbet

Guest Andybarbet

Just received an e-mail form RH, the Lightweight will be available to order from this weekend and is going to be displayed at the Autosport International this weekend.

Some details are on their website.

Only available in mild steel to start with - ali and stainless versions to follow later.

Type 9 and MT75 gearboxes will fit, as will most engines - apparently.

Price from £995 + VAT

If anyone has been waitng for this, get your cheque books out !

Guest docter fox

i also got the email and the letter this morning,

but apparantly you have to weld the wishbones yourself :o

as far as i can see it isnt even an optional extra to have this done?

(I cant really weld as it is and would never trust myself to do it even if i could :unsure: )

how much would it be for a professional welder to do them for you? :rolleyes:

how much do you think it will weigh when finished? using a pinto engine and then a bike engine?

would you use the standard differential and drive shafts from a sierra with the bike engine?

;) how much would it weigh.............about 550-600kg

yes you use the standard rear end of the sierra,but you need a new prop(longer)

the diff ratio you need depends on what bike engine you fit but as a guide 3.62-1 is good

Guest allbejay

i'm a coded welder if it helps, always their to lend a hand but as for getting a someone in to do it, ur looking at silly money, ur best bet would be to knock up your local industrial area for a sheet metal place and they might do it for u on a weekend or something.

I got the e-mail too, worth considering this project kust not too sure about getting the longer prop is it easily availible

:) very easy to get the prop from the likes of MNR,MK engineering etc,but always make sure its a new warranted shaft ,not remanufactured

Propshaft Manufactured From Brand New Parts, Two Piece Assembly With Centre Bearing To Suit Bike Engine Installation #

£ 230 inc Vat

dr fox heres the diff etc on my car

post-13-1105561822.jpg

Edited by rizla

Guest Andybarbet

In all the correspondance that RH have sent me so far, it is an optional £200 for them to supply wishbones etc. already welded :-)

Sounds quite reasonable to me !

Guest captn Pugwash

goint to the autosport show tomorrow and friday, will take opiccys and report back, no doubt others will be going over the weekend, hope to have piccies and details on my website at teh weekend.(just in case it has been altered)

Captn

:rolleyes: the reason behind my thinking(and i could be wrong)is you asked with a pinto engine

if it was bike powered and it was built like mine(with weight saving in mind)ie no carpets no dash board padding no unnessasary weight,then i recon it would be alot nearer the weight of the vortx

you have to remember the vortx has a space frame and alloy panneling with fibreglass

when the alluminium one is avaliable then that im sure you could get below 400kg

Guest docter fox

below 400kg..............think i now know what i want my next car to be :D

it involes a seat, some alluminium and a hayabusa :rolleyes:

is there much work (and how hard is it?) to put a bike engine in a car?

rizla,

is that the sierra rear end?