Super Spec Wheel Arch For 2b?

Guest Steve

I am interested in fitting the new super spec one piece rear wheel arch on to my 2b because it appears to sit lower on the wheel. RHE sell this arch as through their Lolocost outlet and it looks like it should work but I'm interested to know if anybody has done it successfully before I hand over my money?

Steve

Steve -

I may have a pair of these arches with my DOHC kit, as the factory catalogue from last year states that the chassis and panels are the same as the super spec.

Take a look at my build site. There are a couple of pictures of the chassis which is different at the back to a 2B chassis.

The DOHC rear arches are designed to hang off the chassis rail that runs aft of the seat belt upper mount bar. There is a stainless steel panel that goes at the rear of the car to which te rear arches are bolted. from what I can make out of the 2B rear end, the back panel wraps around the rear corners and I think you'd have to cut these curved bits off and bend 90 degree returns to fit the wings. I don't think modification of the wings to avoid this will work out.

Anyway, I thought the normal 2B arch could be positioned wherever you like on the rear quarter side panels?

If you want some pictures or measurements let me know...

Cheers

JonB