Should I Hpi?

Guest paulb

Guest paulb

Hi everyone

relatively new here and pick up my 2b on Saturday.

What i wanted to know was is it worth while doing an HPI on this car to check things out?

I have always done so with other cars i have bought Audis etc but was not sure if it would be as useful/accurate with the hood being a kit.

What does everyone think?

thanks

Guest Jabberwocky

They always say you should HPI every car you buy (Then again that is how the company makes it's money) It is like the five fruit or veg a day campaign, is that medical fact or something the fruit and veg sellers are pushing?!?!?!? Or the "Voted as the best daytime TV show" by the Paul O'Grady fan club.... anyway rant over.

are you buying the car off the builder? if you are then I would imagine that it would be HP clear

Guest chris brown

As Andy says if you are buying it from the builder then it should be ok. BUT one thing to check is the V5 to make sure it is correctly registered i.e. Make = Robin Hood, Body type = sports. There are some around registered as Ford and still on donor plates and others on old kit plates (Dutton is the favourite). If in doubt walk away from it.

I must admit to not being a fan of HPi after buying a van and spending my cash to get it checked out where it came up clear only to have the police on the doorstep about a month later because it had been reported as stolen 3 plus years earlier. Got it sorted in the end but no I don’t bother with HPi any more.

Guest paulb

thanks guys

I have seen the logbook - it is down as a Robin Hood 2b with sports as the type.

The plate is age related to the donor vehicle though - i assume that is ok?

Not the builder selling - will ask a bit more on saturday when due to pick up.

Guest erichetherington

Don't forget the main point of the exercise when you pick it up, first examine everything (car & paperwork very carefully, then enjoy it :D

Age related plate is as it should be.

Guest graham dockerill
^_^ You can do a HPI via the RAC site for £5 or 3 for £12, well worth it to check if finance outstanding or been a cat d or c salvage claim. Graaham