Bike Engine Info

Guest rizla

Guest rizla

;) im in need of some info,i have in my possetion a 1300 hyabusa engine and have the opertunity to gain another from a friend,ive heard people connecting 2x bike engines together,does anyone know of a site etc that sells/makes a kit to do this.

ps this is a mod a fair way of but i want to get everything i need for the job,so as my so called dad(bob)can do the changeover in the winter.

serious comments would be good for a change :p

Guest Russler

The tiger one use 4x4 one engine driving the front and one for the rear. But the car is coverd with lateral accelerometers and processor to control power, thats why it cost £40000. I think thats right anyway

Guest Russler

ooh dunno, maybe modify one crank and couple them together in line. Or have them side by side and run chains to a central propshaft. :unsure:

Guest Russler

or put them back to back so they both run into a diff and take the output off the input if you catch my drift. Dunno whether that would work but sounds like a cheap method although you would then need a 90 degree gearbox, ummm maybe not so good :blink:

Guest rizla
;) ive seen pics of cars with 2 engines in line driving the rear wheels but its usely kawazaki zx9 engines,ive been trying to find this info out since detling

Guest Ianz

Rizla

If you do this conversion ,that would mean another 6 months off the road!!!!!

and that would be from when you get your car back from RS ..........J

assuming you get it back soon.

I do'nt think you could stand another long wait,I do'nt think the rest of us on this forum could stand it either!!!!!!

Cheers Ian

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Rizla

Try sticking a post on the BEC forum on Yahoo groups.

When I was looking at BEC's, they were a great help.