Fuel Guage

Guest kmonty

I have an Exmo the donor for which was a 1984 1600 Sierra. I haven't used the Sierra instrutment pod instead I've used Smiths 52 mm round guages. Unfortunately I can't find one for fuel. Anyone any ideas where I can get a 52mm round fuel guage which is compatable with the Sierra fuel tank sender?

I have seen quite few smiths 52mm fuel guages. Try

http://www.caigauge.com/

I too have looked (and failed) for one that might match the sierra sender. The issues are explained here.

http://www.etbinstruments.com/FAQ_Gauges.htm

As I don't have a sierra sender, I'm looking to get a sender and guage from CAI, that way they should be compatable. The sender I'm looking at is 20-something quid, which is cheaper than me getting the sierra one from RH. I think the only complications are that the CAI flange is 71mm/5 hole so won't directly fit onto the RH S/S tank I've got, and it doesn't have fuel pick-up or returns built in.

HTH,

Brian

Hi the landrover defender uses seperate gauges with a flat bezel approx 50-52mm diameter you will have to use the sender unit which has six fixing holes but dose not have the fuel going in and out like the sierra one so you will need seperate fuel feed this shouldn't be to difficult if you haven't allready filled the tank with petrol you might be able to get the gauge to work with ford sender.