Fitting Nosecone Infill Panels

Guest Twoscoops

Guest Twoscoops

Has anyone had problems with fitting the infill panels...??? I bought the 2b in May this year and I've got to the point where I need to fit the infill panels.

The problem is that they don't seem to fit squarely. The pre-cut holes for the wishbone mounts seem to be at an angle to the actual mounts. I'm reluctant to start chopping out metal to make them fit properly as i haven't yet fitted the side panels which I would like to leave as late as possible in the build.

Anyone got any suggestions.....It looks like if I tape the panels on just for the time being until I fit the side panels then i won't have any room to trim them up.

Such a dilema....!!!

I had to trim my infill panels. I had to move the holes for the box sections slightly if I remember rightly.

However, there is a lot to be said for leaving these off until you do the side panels. The expense is that you have to dismantle the front suspension to get them on later, but once they're on getting to the radiator, rack, and suspension mounts all becomes an exersice in contortion of the limbs!

Ant

Guest Angel Boy

Yep had to trim mine. Think I took a little of the inside of each hole to move the panel forwrd a little.

You can get them all the right size and shape etc fit the front wishbones but don't fasten the panels on till last. Gives you about 50mm-ish of space to play with for doing the stuff that Ant has listed.

Andy

Guest Chrisegg

Yep, trimmed mine as well but not yet fixed in the final position, just a self tapper or two holding them somewhere close. but not tight to all chassis tubes yet. Hoping I don't have to take the front suspension apart for the umpteenth time.

Chris