Windscreen

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Does anybody know at which height a screen is no longer classed as a windscreen??

I was intending not to ever fit a screen to my car but the wife is worried about her wig blowing away (Joke!) - I was looking to an aeroscreen but they only fit sensible sevens.

I am now considering cutting down the original RH screen and frame to about 4-6 inches high to use as a wind deflector but am unsure of the rules regarding wipers / demisters etc.....

Any thoughts / experiences???

Ta.

Stuart

Guest piddy

Hi Stu.

I would say that any legal screen should be fitted with a demister.

But with only 6" of screen you wouldn't need one.

I cant see it possible to fit wipers to this size screen, without difficultly.

The answers would be available from the SVA/MOT centre.

Piddy.

I believe the criteria is "something which you look through rather than over", and this is based on Nigel the dummy as used for seatbelt mounting points.

The best answer is to ring the SVA station and ask them - they all apply different criteria anyway, despite what they say!

Ant

Guest dajimmy

For mot (not sure about sva as i havent seen book yet) but a folding screen, such as a LANDROVER dosent need washers or wipers,might be wourth a look

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Thanks for the replies, chaps....

I will probably not fit any kind of screen for the SVA anyway but I think I can blag through the annual MOT with a small-ish wind deflector without demisting or wipers.

Stuart.

Guest piddy

Hi.

At my last MOT the tester asked me to demostrate my washers and then laughed and said "what the hell do you need washers and wipers on this for".

Piddy.