Sit Back And Enjoy

Guest yosamite sam

Guest TerryBarry

Enjoyed that with a coffee

The background music was excellent

Even spotted the BBC's John Bolster in the pits during the BOAC 500 wearing his famous deerstalker

Guest micky bigthumbs

superb thats how i remember racing..no gizmo's ar6e end hangin out ..tuck yer jumper in your trousers and stick a crash hat on and go.. and the tracks all ditches and trees ..even frank williams blowing a mini up ..fantastic

Guest Andy Hamilton

that is how racing should be!!

The more observant may have noticed the Porsche 911 in the second race. This was the first 911 in the country in 1966, the actual one tested by autocar. After Autocar had tested it, it was sent back to Germany and converted into a full works prepared car, which is how it still looks today. It now belongs to a friend of mine, Bert.

post-11-1150831216.jpg

Guest Andy Hamilton

Where? is he hiding in the photo? :D

This was taken at goodwood a couple of years ago, at the 40th anniversary of the 911. Sadly Bert could't make it as his wife was having his first kid, so I took a few pics for him. I think he just wanted proof that the Porsche club had got it there safely!! It's his pride and joy