Any Advice On How To Build A Site!

Guest bugsy

Hi All,

I will be collecting my Super Spec up in October :) , and after seeing other people's Web Sites i am keen to build my own with my experience of the collection and build as to help others who are in the same boat (or car!).

But unfortunately I have bugger all experience of web site design so any advice would be most welcome, ie is there any software I need or where do I get a web address, you get the picture.

Thanks

Bugsy :rolleyes:

Bugsy - I generally use Microsoft Frontpage, but some hosts cant handle all the security features, but generally it works fine. The best thing is that it is relatively easy to use. I will be creating my own web site when I collect my superspec in October. Have you a date yet?

Guest cjbailey

Frontpage is another cr@p program by that horrible company 'micro*bleep*e' :angry: . Unfortunately, it is relatively cheap, but still horrible to use.

It depends on how much effort you want to put into building your site. I would personally go for dreamweaver over front page, but it is a tad more expensive!! There are far superior programs, but still!

The better solution would be put your brain to work by creating your web using HTML core code and even if you up to learning it PHP... it's great fun and you can do what you want without worring that Frontpage is going Bugger it up!

If this is not appealing to you, then you're crazy but go for Dreamweaver as i've many a good thing said about this...

Bobs

Guest Battery Bill

Bugsy

Do it yourself! get a book on HTML and write the pages with notebook, it gets easy after a while and far more rewarding than getting a program to do it for you.

A lot of pages on individual websites are very similar and you end up using copy and paste a lot but its pretty quick to do.

Good luck with whatever you do