Freelander

Adrian

hope someone can help, i appreciate not a proper hood question,. anyway, just bought a 1999 freelander to cart the zoo about in. the rear window now wont go down, when the button is depressed it just beeps at me, the rear wiper wont go either.

noone around here has any haynes manuals in for freelanders at the moment hence the question.

is there a relay for these items, do they share it and where on earth is it hidden?

if not any thoughts on wnhat it could be,

the wires all look to be in good condition, no frays etc

Guest a8dyc

HI,i have a disco for the zoo,if one of the doors is not shut properly mine bleeps at you(makes you jump).That solves the reason for the bleeping.The wiper doesn't work, probabaly because it takes a conection from when the boot is shut.Why it wont shut is another problem.A work mate has one of these i will ask if he has a book on it tommorrow.

Andy

Guest peter2b2002

had a look at my disco wiring, the feed comes from the multi function unit that feeds the wiper relay plus other things, i think there is a cut out that stops the wiper working when the door or window are open, does the interior rear light come on when the door is opened? if not it may be the door switch stuck or bust thereby keeping the interlock on stoping other things working,don't know if land rover used the same type of system on the freelander, but it's worth looking at.

pete2b,