Brakes And Coolent

Guest chris.ridgers

Guest chris.ridgers

When fitting my front break hoses from the calipers to the brake lines there isnt much movement allowed for the hoses, if poss can you post up your pictures>? and is there anyway of losing the clip thats bolts down as i feel this is stoping the movement of the hose?

Guest rhetorical-oracle

My Spec failed its SVA on the fact that the supplied hoses were being stretched on full lock. Didn't matter where I tried to fix them, they were just too short. I ended up replacing them with a new set which I think were for a Transit Van. These were longer, and had a spring covering part of them which acts as a protection to stop chaffing.

Phill.

When fitting my front break hoses from the calipers to the brake lines there isnt much movement allowed for the hoses, if poss can you post up your pictures>? and is there anyway of losing the clip thats bolts down as i feel this is stoping the movement of the hose?

Guest allenr03

How did you stop them bashing into the coilovers at full lock? I can't stop them doing it - caused an MOT fail point on my pre SVA MOT. I also think I'll fail SVA because of the stretch in the line if I don't change them.

If you use a pair of mole grips on the bracket and a liberal supply of WD40 you can bend the bracket and work the hose out. It sorts the stretch issue out but doesn't stop the hoses interfrering with the coilovers.

Rich

Forget the RH supplied they are too short for full lock The maths is simple to prove it they would also fail on full suspension travel on part lock.

I got this info from a man from VOSA.

Spend your money and have some custom made braided made these can then be routed to miss the coils and will pass .

Tony G

HI

I stuck with the RH ones, I did remove the mid hose bracket, the bracke pipe union is attached to the car just behind the lower wishbone. Made a bracket out if 1.5" square steel and the wishbone bolts pass though it to secure it to car and brake hose bracket sit on the top. Went through SVA no probs

e