Wiring Up Mini Wipers

Guest AndrewH

Guest AndrewH

Can you help please. I am in the final stages of my build and am still not happy with the mini wiper wiring.

I have followed the diagrams for a lucas wiring on the North West site but the switch isn't working properly.

On the intermitent column switch position I have no power

On the off position I am on slow

On the slow position I am on fast

On the fast position I am on fast

I am using a VG loom but happy to take colours directly from the original Ford switch wires

I know the earth is in the right position but not sure about rest. Think live is ok.

I am fed up with blowing fuses and could do with some guidance from anyone who has successfully resolved this really annoying bit of the build.

One thing to note there is a sprung switch on the lucas connector which I have currently got clipped in so it is depressed, if I let it go the wiring behaves slightly more predictably (ie off, slow fast) but still no intermitent. Does this need to be pushed in or not.

Thanks for any responses.

A

Guest AndrewH

Trev,

Great diagram, got it sorted, wiring was ago but I didn't have the parking switch in the right position. Intermitent not working but I think this may be due to a faulty switch.

Many thanks for your reply and saving me more fuses.

Have a nice evening.

A