Exeter Show 15/16 Nov

Guest mickmellors

Guest mickmellors

John Cooke, the organiser of the Exeter Show has offered me a space for 2 cars to go on a display stand within the Main Show Hall.

If anyone is planning to go to Exeter and has a nice car that you are willing to show, please let me know as soon as humanly possible at mick@rhocar.org

You will need to arrive no later than 9:00am and will not be able to leave before 5:00pm due to Health & Safety regulations regarding vehicle movements and exhaust emissions in a public event etc. I assume you will get free admission but RHOCaR will refund your entry costs if you are charged to get in. I will also encourage the Kit Car press totake photos for their mags and you will certainly get in the next 'Boys in Hoods' Club Mag.

To the best of my knowledge we have never before had the opportunity to display our cars like this and I hope we will find volunteers on this first occasion. Even if you are only able to do one day please let me know as some one else may well be able to do the other day.

Lets not lose this opportunity - PLEASE !

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mickmellors

Come on chaps !

I NEED YOUR SUPPORT - P L E A S E

I've had just ONE solitary offer of a car to put on show for one day and that is from Ant Allen - Cheers Ant. (EDIT by Mick M 25.10.03 - Ants car will now be off the road so offer is withdrawn)

I go on holiday for 2 weeks starting next Tuesday and only come back 2 days before the show so I don't have much oportunity to arrange things.

Are there any Members in the South West of the Country (or anywhere) who can put their car on show for either Sat or Sun. PLEASE let me know ASAP so that I can arrange with the Show Organisers.

There are at least 3 :) making the journey from the NorthWest, (Big Jim, Robbo and Irish Bob and 6 :) from Notts and Derby, Pete(mag Ed), Graham, John W, John S, Stew and Yours Truly. I'm not sure where the NW Crew are staying but its a B&B known to them. Notts & Derbys Crew are in the Thistle Hotel opposite railway station for B&B Friday and Sat nights. I am sure we will be meeting up somewhere for the evenings. Anyone wishing to meet up with us for a meal and a pint or six ;) can come to us in the Show hall to find out what the plans are and exchange Mobile phone numbers etc.

RHOCaR are putting on a small 'Display' in the Show Hall to promote the Club and our activities :p :D :lol: B) . It would be very nice to have a crowd around us - PLEASE support our efforts and come to the Show - Its the last one of the year :boohoo: .

See you ALL there

Mick M

Guest mickmellors

Still no offers of help -

Ant Allen has had to withdraw his offer to show his car so we need one car on Saturday and one car on Sunday to arrive just before the show opens and leave just after it closes. If anyone can offer their car for both days that would be great.

OK lets try bribery -

In exchange for showing your car you will have your 2004 RHOCaR membership for FREE - paid for by me personally if neccessary ! ! ! !

Your Committee has gone all out to improve the Club events for you this year and this is the first occasion we have asked for some help back - PLEASE dont let us down. Pretty, Pretty, Pretty Please ! ! !

I go on holiday from 28th Oct to 13th Nov and so I only have 2 days before and 2 days after to get arrangements made. Please ring me NOW if you can help as I probably wont get another chance to check out the e-mails and replies on this website before my hols.

It will look pretty poor if we are the only Club stand without a car to show.

Thanks in anticipation

Mick M

Guest Tim Norman

Mick has asked me to pu this on as he is off to see Mickey Mouse for some build tips.

Neil harvey can show his car both days. It is Cortina Based with a photo album.

I hope this makes sense to Neil :blink:

Cheers

Tim