Boot Area

Guest robbie

Guest robbie

Hi everyone. I'm having trouble finishing out paneling round roll bars at boot end of sub k. Video gives no indication how to approach this!!!

Some people seem to use vinyl covered plywood, I can only look at pics and guess!

Any advise appreciated, I have spent the last hour staring blankly at the back of the car!

Kind regards

Robbie

Guest Taffy Rob

Hi

Vinyl covered plywood is fine, make sure you use exterior grade ply and give it a good painting first. If taking this option the easiest method is to make some cardboard templates up first, and use these to cut the plywood from. I would guess you want thinner ply rather than thicker, as it will follow any slight curves you have better.

Rh used to do a boot / luggage rack kit, this comes with steel panels ready to fit, though I'm not sure if it would fit the sub k. Of course, the panels aren't the right size, but they do have the cut outs ready and it's a good starting point. You get the steel panels (including opening door), vinyl, and the luggage rack, and it was only 40 quid or so, worth checking if its suitable for the sub k I reckon

Rob

Guest piddy

B) Hi.

I made my boot lining using 0.7 mm ally to great affect.

It is so easy to use shaping cutting ect. This can also be added to a piece of ply that doesn't fit 100% to get a professional result. Then cover in viynl.

Piddy.