Seats

Guest rizla

help ,,, i have a s7 with the what i call single bench seats ,ie just 2 bits of wood coverd in foam and pvc

i want to buy some high back seats but dont know what fit or where to get them.

i am 6ft 2 inch tall so they need to fit me as well as the car.

they must have harness holes as well

living in hope andy

Guest brummy-ade

It depends on how much you want to spend I have an exmo and it sounds like we got the same seats I got my eye on cobra seven seats a narrow high back seat with holes for harness and vinyl with piping they want £153 and for there classic seat £78 so I writing to santa at the moment too

ade

try www.europaspares.com

sorry havnt got that much spare

i bought the s7 cheep but in great condition with vulcan x-flow 145 hp

and intend to spend about £3-4000 getting it into ultimate condition if you want a pic e-mail me

I've got some Roadster 7s recently bought from Europa (5% disc with Hoodie card). They gives loads of support around your back and at the sides of your legs.

Absolutely transformed the feel of the car from those old nasty 2 bits of ply and a bit of foam. The old ones were so secure I got the back of the seat and ripped them out by hand.

I have raised the front of the drivers seat by an inch ontop of the rails that I bought (25mm ones) so that I get some support for the undersides of my legs. I also like to lean back a bit in the car.

Got the ones with the harness holes which stop the harness flapping around your shoulders.

There a bugger to fit though they really ought to supply them with a template.

They fit perfectly in a 3 series which I believe has less room than the 2b.

I too have an s7,from what I have seen of the other models the s 7 is narrower in the seating area,the choice of seats is limited because of this.Some time ago I bought some baby cubs from Midland wheels and they went in a treat and were very cheap,I also believe the Richfield RX777 are narow enough to fit although a lot more expensive but I would imagine a far better seat.Remember when measuring up for the seats that the passenger side is slightly different to the drivers side because of the offset on the gear box tunnell

hope this helps

regards chris

I am 5'11 and the seats pushed right back with a slight tilt work great for me.

Without the tilt the bottom of the seat was further back and I couldn't reach fully depress the clutch pedal in the furthest back position. So it may be ok for you. When I get back in the garage i'll measure the distance from the back of the seat to the bit where your arse goes if that's any help.

Guest The Rev

Driver accomodation was a prime factor with the choice of car. I am 6'4" and my "wee boy" is 6'6".

Standard layout made things a wee bit tight with the main problem being the left leg and how you must bend it to bring your foot back from the end of the cockpit to place it on the clutch. This was a real problem so was tackled in the following way...

Chop, cut and re-weld steering column as high as it can go without fouling the steering protection part of the 2B frame. Extend to max, the length of the steering column so effectively the wheel was higher and further to the rear. This also involved a wee cut into the dashboard. All in all 2" raised and 1/2" further back, made a real difference.

Secondly when Chris is driving I remove the "floor" panel (the wood and fabric cover) from the driver's footwell. This also assists him getting his size 13's in beside the pedals.

Seats have fore and aft and tilt facility with more than ample leg room when your feet are not on the pedals. With the above mod's there is good room for pedal operation.

Bottom line... for me its great, for Chris its fine and which 19 yr old is going to object to using Dad's Robin Hood! :rolleyes:

Rennie

:gdit: guess im just going to have to order the seats and hope they fit, as there seams to be nowhere near aveley in essex where i live thanks for all your help

andy

edit; :boohoo: just toted up all the parts for upgrading the s7,this includes having it resprayed in a custom paint (stardust black) gloss black with gold dust in it

paaint job alone is £2500

all the other parts come to £1876.74

all the parts are ordered , and the car goes for the paint job next tues

cant wait till spring :)

Guest paul_wilts

sorry to hijack this thread... I seem to have the same idea as you rizla, im doing up my S7 and even though its thoeretically quite old (1990ish) it really gets the looks... I want seats for mine however when i measured it all the available seats seem to be to small ( atleast on paper) ive seem those 'cubs' from midland wheels but assumed they are to wide??

mines triumph based is it smaller??