Bloody Fireworks

Guest Battery Bill

Guest Battery Bill

Right heres a good one for an argument! (I mean lively debate)

Joey and I hate fireworks :angry: we are sick to the teeth of all the morons around our area who become pyromaniacs :angry: , we have had it for weeks now and still it carries on, Tonight is especially bad, feels like we are building the RH in Downtown Bagdad. :angry:

A few years ago a young girl was hit in the face by a firework at an "Organised show" (She is now scarred for life) Joey and his sister were standing right next to her, so much for going to an organised display. :angry:

We think they should be banned full stop. Possibly allow use at "Proper" organised displays on 1 night per year ie bonfire night. :angry:

Any comments :boohoo:

Fully agree, and would welcome a total ban.

Its lost its meaning , when people had a bonfire, potatoes,a few beers and firewoks in the garden with the neighbours around 6-7 pm on November 5th. :)

Down here it goes on for weeks, and is usually an excuse to let off just the loudest bombs they can find. :angry: often after closing time. :angry: :angry: and not be breaking any laws.

Does the present generation know who Guy Fawkes was?

We have four animals in our house, and it would be reasonable to keep them under house arrest if it was for one night.

Maybe by december it will be over.

Thats my tuppence worth, Bill.

All

Unfortuantly I agree :( I remember when I was a boy it was fun...1 day a year, 2 at the most if 5th was a week day 'cos some waited for the following Sat...

Now we have the Indians (Hindu, last week), then 5th (English), then Ramada (Muslim this week)...

If they ever get Bin Laden we'll have another :rolleyes:

Dave

PS Todays fireworks are louder than in my days...

:D :D :D my god its agood thing you lot dont work in a garage

fireworks are not a patch on making wot we call accetalene bombs

you can make the ground shake and almost put a weelie bin into orbit

:D :D

I remember the lecturer at college telling us what steps to take if there was a fire near an acetylene bottle (large ones towards the exit).

Regarding the fireworks - it'll be a shame if they are banned as I liked the "quiet" family bonfires that we used to have with a small box of fireworks. Unfortunately there are too many people around who can't (or won't) control themselves and this is just going to result in the government having to step in and control them. This is likely to be a knee jerk reaction which ends up stopping the rest of us from doing something fun. Hopefully they will think about it and limit fireworks by size and date rather than a full stop.

Iain

Guest Battery Bill

Iain

Thats a pretty good suggestion, Less big bangs and only one night per year. Not mortar bombs every time its some buggers birthday :angry:

The buggers were still going off tonight (Sunday) when will they stop?