Nitrous

Guest andrewbricknell

Guest andrewbricknell

Hi

Has anyone out there tried using nitrous on a standard 2 l Pinto, I have been looking on the Wizards of Nos website, and I must say the whole thing does appeal to me.

I like the idea of the tractability of the standard engine and then the extra bit now and then for a bit of fun!

Guest sneintonmatt

i know that nitrous can be fitted, nothing like muscle car pressures but the little 50lb bottles will be fine, they generally produce between 25 and 75bhp increases, the guys at wizards of nos are ok but if you can get in touch with nitrous express they will generally give you better advice about how far you can go, how far you should go and engine safety limits, i have played with a pinto engine running a 250bhp increase from nos but the cost of doing it means totally pointless it was more of a scientific venture than any real point to it, also too much power in a seven style and you wont be able to control it, very easy to spin the rear end out with a sudden hit of nos and fly into a wall. on the flip side i love the stuff, had it in every silly car i have owned 400bhp increase in my dodge that was enough to snap your neck and bring a smile to your face