Harnesses

Guest Ben Salt

Guest Ben Salt

Hi

I'm looking to buy some harnesses for my 2B, looking at the Willans ones, do I need the normal supersport 4x4, or the caterham/westfield ones (which appear to have shorter shoulder straps)

Cheers for any advice

Ben

Guest gordon_macnab

Ben

You'll need either the caterham or westfield ones as the normal shoulder straps are too long as the're designed to be bolted to the car floor. I think the only difference between the two is that one has bolts and the other has eyebolts.

Gordon

You need the Caterham / Westfield length. The others have very long shoulder straps designed to be mounted using the rear seat belt mounts in hatch backs where the back seat has been ripped out. I made that mistake with Sabelt ones from Demon Tweaks. Sabelt make them the right length, but Demon Tweaks don't sell them in that size, they only do the hot hatch length.

Note for others who want Sabelt belts - go directly to Sabelt rather than RHE or another supplier. Not only do you get a choice of colours, but for the same price you get a free set of shoulder pads too.

Ant