Age Related Plate - Bec

Guest spdpug98

Guest spdpug98

I have been looking at buying a part built kit for the last few months but have decided (I think) to start from scatch and buy a Zero kit. I am also sure that I want to go the BEC route, but have concerns over getting an age related plate or new registration plate (all new parts - sounds expensive).

Has anyone built a BEC and been able to get an age related plate or are all BEC cars on a 'Q' plate

Edited by spdpug98

Guest Alan_builder
I have been looking at buying a part built kit for the last few months but have decided (I think) to start from scatch and buy a Zero kit. I am also sure that I want to go the BEC route, but have concerns over getting an age related plate or new registration plate (all new parts - sounds expensive).

Has anyone built a BEC and been able to get an age related plate or are all BEC cars on a 'Q' plate

The rules on Q or AGE RELATED plates are well know by lots of us but what is a BEC?

Guest Alan_builder
Bike engined car

BEC's can have age related plates, the car must have at least 2 major components from the donor, there is a list and a points system, wheel hubs, bask axel steering colum, brake box should be OK.

I still :wub: my even if it is not a BEC

Guest FIRSTBUILD
BEC's can have age related plates, the car must have at least 2 major components from the donor, there is a list and a points system, wheel hubs, bask axel steering colum, brake box should be OK.

I still :wub: my even if it is not a BEC

I just so hate abreviations -- must be grumpy old man

abreviations take longer than the correct explanation - you have to clarify them !!!

rant over

Steve