Need A Hood And Sidescreens

Guest Getting There

Guest Getting There

Hi

I wish to fit a hood and side screens, however I have been told that the one GBS sell isn't brilliant. Has anyone bought another hood that they can recommend, or is the GBS one worth getting?

Cheers

Chris

i had the origonal one and when fitted well i cant imagine how it could be better.

tha only thing that i would totally recomend is fitting the front to the screen by the way of the awning rail method.

Guest Captain Daz

Hi Chris

I'm fitting mine at the moment. It's from GBS (well they buy it in from another company). I think it's very good quality but fitting them has been the main problem.

I did try to find somewhere else to get one but only found companies that would custom make them. I think this would be far more expensive.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Daren

i had the origonal one and when fitted well i cant imagine how it could be better.

tha only thing that i would totally recomend is fitting the front to the screen by the way of the awning rail method.

Turbo,

Um, please forgive my ignorance - but what's the 'awning rail method' :mellow: ?

John (jwts).

Guest peter2b2002

you can get it from a caravan spares shop, it's a piece of ally bar with a slot on one side , fix the awning rail to the top of the screen surround and sew a length of cable to the front edge of your hood so that it will slide into the slot, result, no water dripping down the inside of the windscreen when it rains

peter2b

you can get it from a caravan spares shop, it's a piece of ally bar with a slot on one side , fix the awning rail to the top of the screen surround and sew a length of cable to the front edge of your hood so that it will slide into the slot, result, no water dripping down the inside of the windscreen when it rains

peter2b

Thanks.

Do you have a picture or diagram of this? I have a RH hood to fit but won't be fitting it for a few months yet.

John (jwts).